Chapter 14: Becoming a Hero

Y/N's POV

I washed all of the dry blood off my head and fists. I am at Uncle Ben's grave. I am paying my respects. I then start to remember something he said to me before he died.

Ben: With great power, comes great responsibility.

Those words has me thinking. I do have great power, and many I can use those powers for good. To stop more situations like Uncle Ben's. I look at my wrists. I then start walking away.

Timeskip

I make it back home. I open the door and walk inside. I see Aunt May.

May: Y/N?

May walked over to me, she saw the bruises on my fists and the small cut on my forehead.

May: What happened?!

She started to put her hands on my face, checking out the cut.

Y/N: I'm fine, May... really. I did this to myself...

May: But why...? Why do this to yourself.

I hold tears in.

Y/N: I just had a bad day... I just miss Uncle Ben...

May hugs me, I hug back.

May: I miss him too...

We both let go.

May: He's watching over us...

I smile.

Y/N: I know he is...

May: You want anything to eat?

Y/N: No thank you.

I walk upstairs and walk into my room. I get on my computer. I think of what I can do to use my powers for good.

Y/N: For starters, need to make sure identity is hidden... and I need to get better with my powers...

I look up some spandex.

Y/N: Something stretchy and comfortable to wear...

I look up the different types of spandex to use, and their cost. I think about what theme I should have, how exactly should I look. Then it hits me, my powers are like a spider's abilities...

Y/N: I'll make the suit spider themed...

Timeskip

I am walking down the streets, I am about buy myself a spandex suit, which will include a mask. I then hear my phone vibrate. I check to see MJ calling me. I answer the phone.

Y/N: Hey, MJ.

MJ: Y/N! Hey. How are you doing?

Y/N: I'm hanging in there, you?

MJ: Good, I just wanted to check on you, you stormed out of class. I was worried. I would've followed you, but Gwen told me to give you space.

Y/N: Ah...

MJ: I also heard about someone in men's restroom who was "screaming and crying."

Y/N: Oh...

MJ: So it was you...?

Y/N: I kinda lost it... I know.

MJ: I also heard that a stall door was ripped off, the mirror was broken, and there was holes in the wall, also covered in blood...

Y/N: Yeah....

MJ: Are you actually okay? That's concerning to me...

Y/N: I just had to let everything out... it won't happen again, I promise.

MJ: Okay, I hope so.

Y/N: So... about the damages...

MJ: You just need to pay for them.

Y/N: Right... I'll have to do that...

MJ: What are you doing now?

Y/N: On my way to the store.

MJ: Okay. I'll leave you to that.

Y/N: Okay. I'll talk to you later, MJ.

MJ: See ya!

I hang up the phone. I arrive at the store, I look for the spandex. After searching for a bit, I found them. I grab a full suit, I also bring some extra spandex, just in case. I walk up to the clerk, it was a different one.

Clerk: Hello, young man.

Y/N: Hello.

I pay for the spandex.

Clerk: Thank you for your visit.

Y/N: Of course.

Y/N's thoughts: I like this clerk more

I leave the store with all the spandex.

Timeskip

I made it back home, I put all of the spandex in my room.

Y/N: Alright... let's see what I can work with...

Timeskip

You have created your suit, you made it any color you wanted, what pattern you wanted, you choose what your suit looks like.

I have finished making my suit. I think it looks pretty cool.

Y/N: Let's give this the test!!!

Timeskip

I am fully suited up. I am standing on a rooftop.

Y/N: Let's not mess this up again...

I point my wrist at another building. I shoot a web string at the building. I then run off the building and start swinging. I swing downward, then upward. I then let go of the string. I go up in the air.

Y/N: WHOAAAAA!!!!!!!

I then start to go down. I quickly shoot another web string and it connects to another building. I start to swing downward and back upward. I let go again, I start diving down, I then shoot another web at the next building. And the process keeps going. I keep swinging.

Y/N: YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I keep web swinging across the city.

Y/N: LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!

I eventually see a building I want to stop at, I let go of my web and roll through of the rooftop of a nearby building. I get up on my feet. I take off my mask and I catch my breath.

Y/N: This is something else...