Chapter 13: Guilt

Y/N's POV

I'm back at the house. The police is here, they are telling Aunt May what happened with Uncle Ben. I am across the room. I see Aunt May trying to hold in her tears. The sight of her on the verge of breaking down hurts me.

Cop: We found the killer dead, we don't know what happened, but we hope that knowing that, should have you somewhat at peace.

Aunt May didn't say anything, she was still trying not to break down. I feel so bad. Maybe if I did help out the clerk, Uncle Ben would still be here... and maybe I could've helped Jack as well...

Cop: Again, we are so sorry about Ben...

Again, Aunt May doesn't say anything. She only nods. The cops then start to leave. Aunt May finally breaks and starts crying after they leave. I walk over to her.

Y/N: May...

I hug her tightly. She hugs me back, still crying.

May: I-I... can't believe he's g-gone...!

I feel tears come back out of my eyes.

Y/N: I'm so sorry...

Me and Aunt May stay where we're at for a little while, we finally let each other go.

Y/N: I-If you need anything... anything at all...

Aunt May just nods. She walks away and into her room. I walk upstairs and head to my room. I open the door and walk inside. I close the door. I get my phone out to see that Uncle Ben sent me a voicemail after I stormed out of the house.

Y/N: Ben...

I press play on the voicemail.

Ben: Hey... Y/N... I know things have been hard for you recently. I'm sorry for anything I said or did that made it worse. I think I know what you're going through.

I feel my throat getting dry.

Ben: You are a lot like your father. You are always working hard and caring for other people. Now, not everyone will feel the same for you. But just know this, you can't save everyone.

Y/N: Ben....

Ben: Now I know I'm not your father, but you are like a son to me. Me and your aunt only want the best for you. And I know that your mom and dad feel the same way. You're the best of all of us, Y/N... remember that...

My nose once again gets stuffy.

Ben: I'll see you soon, Y/N. I love you... and don't ever forget that.

The voicemail ends. All of the emotions come to me. I start cover my mouth as I start to sob. I walk over to my bed and sit on it. I then start hitting the bed as I continued to sob.

Timeskip

Me and Aunt May are at Uncle Ben's funeral. Me and Aunt May put down our flowers. I look to see her sobbing. I wrap my arm around her to comfort her. Tears start to come out of my eyes as well. I then hear my phone vibrate. Both MJ and Gwen texted me, they heard about my uncle's death.

Gwen: Hey, Y/N. We heard about what happened. We're so sorry about your uncle. And Jack...

MJ: Please, call us whenever you feel like it, we wanna help you as much as we can. We're sorry for your lost.

Timeskip

I woke up to my alarm. I turn it off and just lay down a little longer. I look out the window to see that it's grey outside. I eventually got up. I put on my clothes and head downstairs. I see that Aunt May made me breakfast.