Chapter 16: First night done

Y/N's POV

I swung back home. I climbed up to the window of my room and opened my window. I go through the window and close it. I start taking my suit off.

Y/N: What a night...

I put back on normal clothes. I then leave my room and head downstairs. I see Aunt May watching TV. She sees me.

May: Y/N?

Y/N: Hey, May.

May: When did you get home?

Y/N: Oh, I got home like a few minutes ago...

May: Oh, I was probably in my room...

She takes another look at me.

May: What happened to you?

Y/N: What?

She stands up and walks towards me.

May: You're sweating a lot...

I feel my hair.

Y/N: Oh... I went out for a run.

May: Did you run around the entire country?

Y/N: No...?

May: Here, let me give you a drink of water.

Aunt May went to the fringe and got out a bottle of water. She gives it to me.

Y/N: Thanks, May.

I open the cap and start drinking the water.

May: Do you want any food? You must be very hungry.

Y/N: I'll get something. Thank you, May.

I walk to the pantry. I look for some food. I then hear sobbing coming from Aunt May.

Y/N: May?

I walk back to her to see her covering her face as she sobs. She sees me worried.

May: I-It's nothing...

Y/N: May... you can tell me...

She sniffs.

May: I just miss your uncle...

I frown thinking about him.

May: I just can't believe it's been a whole day without your uncle here with us...

I pull Aunt May into a hug. She continues sobbing.

Y/N: I know...

I start getting emotional too.

Y/N: I miss Uncle Ben as well... very much.

I sniff.

Y/N: I shouldn't have snapped that night...

I let go of May, she looks at me.

Y/N: Uncle Ben was only trying to help me... and I just got angry at him...

I remember the night he died...

Y/N: Do you think I'm just gonna turn into someone who'll just beat people up? That I'll be a bad guy or something?! Stop worrying about me! I know I have a lot going on with me right now, but I'll figure them out, I don't need your lectures making things worse!

Ben: I'm not trying to lecture you, Y/N... really. I know that I'm not your father—

Y/N: THEN STOP PRETENDING TO BE HIM!!! STOP PRETENDING TO BE MY FATHER!!! HE'S GONE!!!!!!

I remember seeing the shock and the pain on his face when I raised my voice at him. And I remember how I stormed out of the house.

Y/N: It's my fault he's dead...

May: Y/N...!

Y/N: He died on that street... looking for me... if I didn't storm out, if Uncle Ben didn't look for me... he would still be alive...

I then think about Jack...

Y/N: Maybe Jack could've lived too...

May: Y/N... you never intended for any of this to happen..,

I look down.

May: And what you said to Ben did hurt him... but he knew that it was just from the heat of the moment... he knows you still love him.

I slowly nod.

Y/N: Yeah...

I look back at May.

Y/N: I don't really feel hungry anymore... I'll be in my room, if you need me...

I walk upstairs. I go back in my room. I lay down on my bed and take a deep breath. I then hear my phone going off. MJ is trying to FaceTime me. I answer the FaceTime call.

MJ: Hey, Y/N.

I smile.

Y/N: Hey, MJ.

MJ: How are you?

Y/N: Still hanging in there...

MJ had a look of focus on her face.

MJ: Did you go out for a jog?

I shrug.

Y/N: Something like that...

MJ: Oh. Okay.

We stay quiet.

MJ: Listen... I just wanted to see how you were doing...

Y/N: Thank you, MJ. It's nice to have a very caring friend like you...

MJ smiled. I saw a blush form, but she quickly moved away from the camera. She then looks back at me.

MJ: Thank you, Y/N.

I nod.

MJ: If there's anything you ever want to say to me, I'm here for you... okay?

Y/N's thoughts: I should tell her how I feel... wait, this is probably not a good time..,

Y/N: Yeah, I will.

MJ smiles.

Y/N: I assume Gwen is studying or sleeping...

MJ: Yeah. Who knows... I had a feeling you would still be up.

Y/N: You would be correct.

MJ laughed.

Y/N: What are you doing?

MJ: Nothing really...

MJ thinks.

MJ: So me and Gwen have been thinking...

Y/N: What's up?

MJ: We know how much you miss your uncle...

I look down.

MJ: So me and Gwen want to hang out with you sometime... to take your mind off everything...

I look back at MJ.

Y/N: That would be great... MJ. I would love to hang out.

MJ: Good to know, we'll find a good day, okay?

Y/N: Yeah.

MJ: I'll get going. I'll see you soon, Goodnight, Y/N.

Y/N: Goodnight, MJ.

I hang up the FaceTime call. I put my phone down. I decide to turn my TV on and spend the rest of the night on it until I went to sleep.