Chapter 17: Daily Bugle

John Jonah Jameson's POV

I am reading one of our most recent newspapers. Who is the "Spider-Man?"

Jameson: Who is Spider-Man? He's a criminal! That's who! He's a menace! A vigilante! Someone who doesn't respect the law and authority!

Robbie Robertson is in my office, he gave me the paper.

Robbie: He's news. He stopped a thief and let the police take care of him.

Jameson: And from the pictures, it looked like he attacked the cop!

Robbie: The cop shot first, the only thing that this "Spider-Man" did was disarm him. He then escaped.

I sigh.

Robbie: I'm telling you Jonah... this person isn't a menace...

Jameson: Then why does he wear a mask? He clearly doesn't want anyone knowing who he is. He has something to hide.

Robbie: Whoever he is, all of his papers sold out.

I look at him,

Jameson: Sold out?!

Robbie: Yeah. Every copy. Everyone is talking about him.

Jameson: Okay. Tomorrow, I want him on the front page with a better picture, not this horrible security cam.

Robbie: That'll be a problem. What if this is a one time thing? We might not be able to get a picture of this guy.

Jameson: Well, then we'll make people look for him. Let's put out an ad. "Cash reward for pictures of Spider-Man!" How about that?

Robbie: I mean... I guess we could do that.

Jameson: He may be shy, but I'll get him out of his hole! If he doesn't want to be famous, I'll make him infamous!

Y/N's POV

It is the next day. School just ended. I am walking in the streets of Queens. I then see something that catches my attention. I look at a billboard from the Daily Bugle that said "Cash Reward For Pictures Of Spider-Man!" I get a great idea. I get out my skateboard and start skating home.

Timeskip

I make it back home. I walk inside my house. I see Aunt May asleep on the couch.

Y/N: May?

I walk over to her and rub her hand, gently waking her up.

May: Y/N?

Y/N: May, I'm right here.

May started looking around.

May: School's over?

Y/N: Yeah... we're you asleep for that long?

May put her hand on her head.

May: I guess I didn't get good sleep last night...

Y/N: May...

May: Don't worry about me... I'm fine. I'll get better... I promise...

Y/N: I hope you do... you need to take better care of yourself.

May: I know...

Y/N: I... also wanted to tell you something.

May: Oh? What is it?

Y/N: I think I know what I want to do... for work.

May: What would that be?

Y/N: I wanna be a photographer. I think the Daily Bugle is the best place for me to be it.

May: Ah. Well I hope you can get a job there...

Y/N: Yeah. I think I know just how to...