Chapter 23: Offer

Norman's POV

I am at home. I apparently missed the World Unity Festival. And Harry is currently resting in his room. I grab a drink and pour myself a glass. After I finish drinking the shot, I hear a laugh, which spooks me. I quickly turn around, looking for whoever laughed.

Norman: Somebody there?

I hear a mysterious voice.

???: Somebody?

My breathing starts to get fast.

Norman: Who said that?

???: Don't play innocent with me.

I start walking around, trying to find where the voice is coming from.

???: You've known all along.

I start getting scared.

Norman: Where are you...?

???: Follow the cold shiver running down your spine...

I continue to look around.

???: I'm right here!

I quickly turn around at the mirror. I see my own reflection smiling at me...

Norman: I don't understand...

Norman: Did you think it was a coincidence...? So many good things all happening for you... ALL for you, Norman.

My reflection throws my empty glass, making me do it.

Norman: What do you want?

Norman: To say what you won't. To do what you can't. To remove those that is in your way.

I'm suddenly holding a newspaper. I turn around to read it, it was about the festival! It said that the board members for Oscorp was killed!

Norman: The board members...

I put two and two together.

Norman: You killed them...

I suddenly look back at the mirror.

Norman: WE killed them.

Norman: We...?

Norman: Remember...? Your little accident in the laboratory...

I realize now what this is...

Norman: The performance enhancers...

Norman: Bingo. ME, your greatest creation... bringing you what you always wanted... power... beyond your wildest dreams, and it's only the beginning... there's only one who can stop us...

I start breathing even faster in fear.

Norman: Or imagine if he joined us...

My reflection starts to laugh.

Y/N's POV

I am at the Daily Bugle, I am finally showing the pictures I took of the festival to JJ Jameson.

Jonah: These are crap! You got all the useless shots and you couldn't even get the pictures of Spider-Man and the other freak!

Y/N: I'm sorry, I... ran away...

Jonah: Well... no matter, we already have some photos of what happened, of Spider-Man and the freak attacking the city.

He pulls out the newspaper.

Jonah: Spider-Man. And the Green Goblin. The Green Goblin. You like that? Made it up myself. These weirdos all gotta have a name.

Y/N: Mr. Jameson, Spider--