Chapter 10: "Will...?" (Technoblade's POV)

(Again, this is before Dream finds out Tommy left)

Technoblade gazed down at the blown up Logshire.

"Oh my..." Philza gasped.

Technoblade turned his head toward Ghostbur to see his expression. Ghostbur seemed not to be sad, but instead happy. 

"Philza, you should be happy that Tommy is still alive! Or at least might be!" Ghosbur exclaimed cheerfully, throwing his arms into the air.

(TW: There is mention of blood in this part!!!)

Technoblade examined the burnt pieces of wood scattered across the area where the logshire used to be. Ghostbur had been right, Tommy couldn't have killed himself. Even if he took a sharp piece of wood, it would still be too dull. Unless Tommy really was done with life, he wouldn't be able to push the wood all the way through. If he did though, there would have been a huge puddle of blood with his items in the middle. Techno heaved out a sigh of relief. There wasn't a trace of blood anywhere.

(The blood part is done!)

"So, where do we start?" Phil asked.

"Well, there is a trail of footsteps over there, but they only go for a few feet before fading away," Ghostbur said, still not having even a hint of despair lingering in his voice as he pointed to nearby footsteps.

Technoblade started to notice Chat was becoming louder and louder. They only did this when they desperately wanted attention. He decide that he would listen to them, seeing how they somehow always knew what was happening on every inch of the server. He had learned to trust Chat whenever they were willing to help.

"Awwwww! Techno trusts us!!!"

"Technoboi"

"DADDY DREEEEEAM!!!"

"Dream is bad boi"

"Who cares about Dream, we should talk about Tommy!"

"Tommy sad boi then??"

"He be chillen!"

"Yea he's doing fine!"

"Don't look at me with those eyes!"

"I tried to unheave the ties..."

"Turn back the tide that drew him..."

"But he couldn't be saved!"

"A sadness runs through him~"

"Were the last five voices literally lyrics from a random song?!"  Technoblade thought to himself.

All he got from the voices was that Tommy was sad and was chilling. It would've helped if the voices actually said WHERE he was chilling at and not some random lyrics of a song.

Hi! It's the author here! The last five voices were actually lyrics! The song is called "A Sadness Runs Through Him!" I thought of it because I just watched an animatic about the exile arc in Dream SMP. It doesn't have the whole song, but I still think it's really good! Here's the link to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbu2lhbZ0gc

At least now Techno could be sure he was safe. But how safe was he really? He could be literally living in the wild and was only safe currently.

"TECHNOBLADE STREEEEEEAM PLZZZZZ!!!"

Technoblade winced and he stumbled backward slightly. Phil noticed this and looked at Techno. Techno saw as his eyes met his. Phil was the only person who knew about his voices other than Technoblade himself.

"Chat, what the hell is a stream?"  Techno thought to Chat blankly.

 "Ghostbur, I'm gonna need you to cover your ears for a bit, okay?" Philza informed gently.

"Yes sir!" Ghostbur shouted happily as he cupped his hands over his ears.

Phil rushed over to Technoblade.

"Are they hurting you again?!" Phil asked, with his voice coated in worry.

"What? No, no, one of them was just a bit loud," Techno said monotonely, "But I do know that Tommy is safe now. I just don't know where he is,"

"Well, at least Tommy is alive!" Phil said merrily.

"For now..." Ghostbur murmured darkly.

"What the-" Techno shouted, swinging his head toward Ghostbur.

Ghostbur's eyes shined dark red as he smiled an eerie maniac grin... And strangely enough, Technoblade's eyes started to glow the same shade too, though of course, his eyes had glowed that shade before.

"Ghostbur, what-" Phil began.

Ghostbur started to laugh. A long cold laugh. Techno knew that Phil knew that laugh. He had told Techno all about that exact laugh long ago. He looked like Ghostbur, but he didn't feel like him.... 

He felt like Wilbur.

"Will...?" Phil asked in barely a whisper.

Ghostbur suddenly stopped laughing and looked at Phil curiously.

"Phil, why are you addressing me as Alivebur?" Ghostbur asked.

His eyes were back to their rich chocolatey brown. Phil ran to hug Ghostbur with tears shining on his cheeks. Even though the tears must have been burning him, Ghostbur didn't let go. Techno could tell that even Ghostbur could read the atmosphere now.

While they hugged Techno's mind was running. Even Chat was whispering among themselves in surprise and excitement. 

"How? How did he do it? I didn't think that was possible,"  Technoblade thought to himself quickly. 

The laugh echoed in his head soundlessly. On and on it went. Chat was now listening to Techno's thoughts with glee. They were entertained. 

"Wilbur"

"Wilbur"

"Wilbur"

"Wilbur"

"Wilbur"

They chanted it over and over and over.

"SHUT UP!!!" Technoblade shouted, breaking his monotone voice.

To Techno's great surprise, Chat had fallen silent. Techno looked up at Phil and Ghostbur who were looking directly at him with wide eyes. Techno wasn't completely sure why. Then, realization hit him after seeing the alarmed look that had settled in Phil's eyes. 

He had said that out loud, hadn't he? 

Sorry this is so rushed! I kinda have to submit an essay tomorrow and I don't have much time! Byyyeeee!