Chapter 18: The Meeting (Techno's POV)

Techno and Ghostbur had been waiting for some time until they heard a loud knock. 

"I'll get it!" Ghostbur announced.

After Ghostbur had gone downstairs to get Phil, Techno was finally alone with just himself and his thoughts. Well, there was also Chat.

"Oooh, this is exciting!"

"E"

"I wonder what's wrong with the main character"

"It's fanfic, what isn't wrong with the main character?"

"He's got a point"

"Mhm, he's right"

"E"

"AYYY TECHNO'S LISTENING INNN!!!!"

Techno winced at how loud the last voice was.

"Stream"

"stream"

"Plz stream"

"E"

"sTrEaMMMM"

"Chat, what's a stream?" Techno asked as Ghostbur walked in with Phil by his side. After Phil sat down, Ghostbur went outside to play with "Friend," a random sheep that Wil had befriended and accidentally turned its coat blue due to patting it so many times with blue on his hands.

"Oh, haloo Phil," Techno said, spotting Phil, "ngl, kinda thought you were gonna bring Tommy with you."

"He's with Ranboo and Tubbo right now and he doesn't really trust you enough," Phil replied.

" Why is he with Tubbo and Ranboo? I thought he was still in exile," Techno commented with no surprise in his voice.

"He is, but he sneaked in and Tubbo doesn't want to risk Dream starting a war once he realizes Tommy's in Manburg," Phil informed.

"Hmm, makes sense," Techno replied.

There was a small silence for a moment where Phil just closed his eyes. Techno started to question if he was still awake.

"Uh, Phil-" Techno began.

"Techno, Tommy's of age," Phil said seriously.

Technoblade was shocked. This was the last thing he thought he'd ever hear Phil say.

"Tommy's a WIZARD?!" Techno shouted.

"What?! No!" Phil exclaimed, "You read Harry Potter too much."

"I barely read Harry Potter, I dropped out of college!" Techno retorted. 

Techno watched as Phil let out an annoyed sigh.

"Now that that is out of the way..." Phil said seriously, "This is a bit dire, Tech."

"What kind of dire?" Technoblade questioned.

"Tommy has developed his power recently," Phil answered.

Wasn't Tommy only 16?! That made him pretty young. But if he was too young...

"He's not too young, right?" Tech asked, voicing his thoughts.

Phil stayed solemnly silent. Techno looked at him with growing concern. In Techno's younger years, the voices had been brutal. So brutal that Techno had been driven to hurt himself just to satisfy them. Now, the voices had grown to be a part of him, so much so that he had even created a name he could refer to them as, Chat.

"I'm sorry Tech, but he has voices," Phil whispered.

Techno was at a loss of words. After Wilbur had turned out fine, he had been sure that there would be no more side effects for anyone, that his side effects were just something that could happen once.

"Oh blood god," was all that he could let out in response.

By then, Chat had gone wild, not knowing anything about these strange powers that they were a part of, nor what importance it held when mentioning Tommy.

"But that isn't all there is to know," Techno murmured quietly.

Techno looked at Phil unblinkingly while Phil looked at him in shock.

"What do you mean?" Phil asked.

"Ghostbur... told me some stuff," Techno answered.

"Go on," Phil responded.

Techno went on to tell Phil everything that Ghostbur told him. As Techno spoke, Phil's expression gradually faded from faint surprise to horror.

"That means..." Phil muttered with wide eyes.

"I know," Techno replied.

"I can't believe it," Phil whispered, "If I had just done something earlier-"

"There's no need to blame yourself," Techno said sternly, "blame the homeless green teletubby excuse for a human who did it,"

The room grew silent as the two men had nothing left to say. The silence seemed to not bring tension but, strangely enough, calmness instead.

"Hey Dadza," Techno grunted, "do you think Tommy would turn me in if I ever met him?"

Phil stayed silent for a moment before answering.

"Only time can tell..."