19.

No one's POV

After the movie and after lots of ice cream they fell asleep on the couch. Now it's Saturday morning and Meredith is still asleep between Derek's legs. He gently stroke her hair and slides out from underneath her. He rest her head on a throw pillow and quietly brew himself some coffee. He change into some sportswear, leaves her a note and heads out the door.

About 15 minutes after Derek left the house Meredith wakes up. She reaches out to Derek but is met with a cold and empty couch. She stands up straight and walks over to the kitchen. "Derek?" There is no answer and she wants to pour herself a cup of coffee when she finds the note

Mer

I'm out to the gym. I'll be back around 11"

X - Derek

Meredith smiles at the note and makes herself some breakfast. She takes a quick shower and shoots Derek a text.

"Hey Der. I am going over to Lexie's so I don't think I'll be home when you are. I have some things to do so I'll come by tomorrow. X"

*At Lexie's*

Meredith's POV

I arrive at Lexie's and knock at her door. "Mer, hi! I didn't expect you here" She greets her sister.

"Yeah I just thought I'd drop by and see if you had time today. We haven't seen each other for way too long." I smile.

Lexie opens the door and welcomes me in her house. We sit down in the backyard sinds the sun in shining and it is pleasantly warm outside. "Where is mark?" I ask

"Oh Mark is at the gym. He always works out in the weekend."

"Ah he's probably with Derek than" I mumble onder my breath.

"What's that?" Lexie asks surprised. "Derek? How do you know where Derek is this morning?"

"I- He told me yesterday at work..." I lie. I can't tell her I woke up in his house and he left me a note.

"Alright... seems a little odd he would tell you about his Saturday morning but okey..."

"I don't know why, he just did." I sound a little pissed.

"Alright calm down Mer. If you say so, i'll believe you. How is mom? I visited her right after you left and she seemed well." She asks. Even tho Lexie isn't my mom's biological child she feels like a daughter to her. I love her for accepting Lexie in the family. I always dreamed of having siblings and it means so much to me that Lexie is in my life.

"Mom is fine Lex, thanks. She's making a great recovery and dad is taking very good care of her." I smile.

"It must have been hard for you to be there all alone... why didn't you ask me to come? You know I would have dropped everything for you and for mom." She asks confused.

"I... wasn't alone..." I answer hesitantly. Was it the right decision to tell her I wasn't alone or should I just have lied?

"Not alone? What do you mean? Who was with you?"

"I ... Derek... Derek came with me."

"Derek? Why?"

"We were in his office when dad called me to deliver the bad news. I broke down in front of him and he asked me what was going on. I told him what dad had told me and he insisted of coming with me to Boston. I tried to tell him it wasn't necessary but he came anyway. I don't know why he did it but I didn't mind."