58.

"I came to get you all. The wedding is about to start." He breathes. I smile widely and I hook my arm in his. We all walk towards the big doors that lead towards the garden. I can hear the music starting to play and I take a deep breath. I close my eyes and take a small moment for myself until my life changes forever. 

The big doors open and the long aisle is revealed. Everything is beautifully decorated in white with a touch of black. I can see Derek standing there and waiting for me in the distance. Even from far away I can tell tears are forming in his eyes. I can see Liam who is sitting in Carolyn lap and I can see so much more friends and loved ones. Even my students are sitting in the back row. 

I hook my arm in my father's and we slowly walk down the aisle. We pass so many familiar faces and in that moment I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. In just a few moments I am going to marry the love of my life and together with our beautiful son we can live a long and happy life. 

We come closer and closer to the front and I look over to Liam. He is happily blabbering and clapping his hands and it brings an even wider smile to my face. I look straight ahead again and we now reached the altar. I look at Derek and he reaches his hand out to me. My dad hands me over to him before kissing me on the cheek. 

"I love you Meredith." He whispers before taking his seat. 

I stand in front of Derek and take in his sight. He looks very handsome in his suit and tie. His hair is beautiful as ever and I can see a light trail of tears on his cheeks.

 "You look beautiful" He whispers in my ear and I blush. 

"Thank you baby." I whisper back and the ceremony starts. 

"And now it's time for the vows." The wedding officiant announces. "Who would like to go first?" 

"I will go first." Derek smiles and takes a piece of paper from his back pocket. He takes a deep breath and starts reading:

"Meredith, Mer. Love is a word that is much too soft and used far too often to ever describe the fierce, infinite and blazing passion that I have in my heart for you. You are a million dreams and a million prayers of a little boy come true. You are kind. You are silly. You are intelligent. Your laugh is contagious and you can put away an entire tub of strawberry ice cream in one sitting like nobody else can. You acknowledge my strengths and accept my faults. You make me want to be a better person every day. I take you as you are now, tomorrow and for eternity to come, to be my husband. Even when the day comes that we're old and smelly and senile, I promise to always see you with the same eyes and the same heart that I see you with at this exact moment. So today, I vow to honor you and respect you, support you and encourage you. I promise to dream with you, celebrate with you, and walk beside you through whatever life brings. I vow to laugh with you and comfort you during times of joy and times of sorrow. I promise to always pursue you, to fight for you, and love you unconditionally and wholeheartedly for the rest of my life. You are my best friend and I'm the luckiest person on Earth to call you mine."

Dereks honest and pure words form tears in my eyes and I can't help but to let a few of them fall. These vows where...wow. I take a deep breath and dry my tears before taking my own vows in my hand and looking at Derek. 

"Derek. Today seems like it's the start of a new journey, but I already belong to you. Falling for you wasn't falling at all—it was walking into a house and knowing you're home. I love you. I love the way you dance to make me laugh. I love that you always push my hair back when it's in my face. I love that I get a kiss from you every time we stop at a red light. I love being in your arms at night and I love how great you are with Liam. Today, I want to make promises to you that I will always keep. I promise to never stop holding your hand. I promise to stand by your side while you face the world. Listen to you when you speak. I promise to join your laughter with my own and when you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark. I promise to grow alongside you, but also to never grow up. I promise to love, respect, protect and trust you, and give you the best of myself, for I know that together we will build a life far better than either of us could imagine alone. I choose you. I'll choose you over and over and over, without pause, without doubt, I'll keep choosing you. I know I can conquer the world with one hand, as long as you're holding the other. I'm so proud that today I become your wife. I love you." 

Tears are now rolling down my cheeks and Derek takes a step forward. He cups my face with his hand and gently whips the tears away. I look over at our guests and most of them are crying. I chuckle to myself and lean into Derek's hand. The wedding officiant continues pulling me out of my thoughts. 

"Derek Christopher Shepherd, do you take Meredith Ellis Grey to be your lawfully wedded wife?" 

"I do" Derek smiles widely while taking my hand and placing a ring around it. 

"Meredith Ellis Grey, do you take Derek Christopher Shepherd to be you lawfully wedded husband?" 

"I do" I smile and place a ring around his finger. 

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." 

Derek grabs me around my waist and dips me down before pressing his lips on me passionately. We kiss under the sound of cheers and applause until we're out of breath. He pulls me back up and takes my hand. He smiles at the crowd and we walk down the aisle. He grabs Liam out of his mother's hands and we walk off to the next chapter of our happy and healthy life. 

- The end. 

*Thank you for sticking with me and this story until the end. It was my very first story and I am pretty proud of how it turned out. I hope you all liked it and again, thank you for reading this, liking this and commenting on this. It means a lot. 

If you enjoyed my writing I am currently working on a story about MerDer in College. The first 18 chapters are posted ;)*