Nightmares and Changelings?

Mara P.O.V

Run. Whatever you do, don't stop running. Not now, not ever.... 

     I ran as fast as I could, not even knowing where I was going. Trees and branches hitting and scratching at my skin, my bare feet hitting the ground. Rocks and other parts of the earth stabbing and piercing the bottom of my feet. 

     I felt myself fall and suddenly it was like I was watching myself, only a younger version, outer body experience type of thing. Only confusing me more. I stood in the tree lines as I watched the younger me fall to the ground. Suddenly the whole scene change. I-she-.. We, we were both in a meadow. 'What the hell.' I thought as the girl that looked like me stands up from the ground. 'Wait I know this place...it's where-'

"Kuragari!? Where are you?! Please, I'm sorry! I'll work harder, I'll listen better! Please, don't leave!!" The other me pleaded out to the wind, no answer sounding out in return. He was gone. Kuragari was gone.

     Suddenly the scene changed once more, and this time I noticed we were in a basement.. My family's basement. The sounds of the chains rattling echoing in my ears. I looked around quickly, my eyes stopping short as I saw a pair by the staircase. Not having to look to know the younger me was hiding under said stairs.

"No, please! Father, what are you doing?!" An older girl yelled. 'Sister.' I felt my eyes tear up immediately.
"What I should have done in the first place!" Father.. 

     The pair wrestled for a short moment, my sister trying to turn the weapon in my father's grasp. My father stopped, the action he did still confusing me. They both stop, my sister screaming out. I screamed out as my father plunged the knife in my sister's chest, almost harder to watch this time than the first. I looked to the left of me, seeing the other, much younger me hiding under the stairs that lead to upstairs. She made a small noise that almost caught the attention of my father, him too focused on throwing my sister's body to the side. He left my older sister on the hard cold floor to rot away. 

But suddenly he turned to me. Not younger me but, me. The one that just watched all the scenes and events take place.

"You!! This is all your fault. That should have been you! It was always meant to be you that died, not them!!" I stood there shocked as he stormed his way over to me. I froze with fear as he summoned a spell. 'Wait, this-this never happened. What's happening?!?' I screamed out just as it was about to hit me, knowing the blow would have been devastating.

"Ahh!" I screamed out, flinging myself up. My mind still processing everything, still partially in dream land.. or should I say nightmare land. I noticed quickly that I was in an unfamiliar room and shot up from a handmade bed on the floor in a panic. Where the hell am I?! 

   I rushed for the door of the room I was in, almost tripping along the way in my short panic. I flung open the door, only to slam face first into someone's chest. I jumped back about a foot or two to see who it was, on full defense. I looked up, the panic washing away, everything seeming to click into place quickly. Natsu. I took a big breath, not even realizing that I had been holding my breath this whole time.

"Hey, what's with all the screaming?" He asked curiously, looking back into the room. Obviously not finding anything to have caused my freakout. I tilted my head to the side, looking over his shoulder and noticed Lucy, as well as Happy, Gray, and Erza all standing behind him as well. I stand up a bit straighter and cleared my throat slightly.
"I don't know what your talking about." I lamely dismiss, in a voice I hardly recognized.
"Hey, are you alright?" I heard Gray ask me this time while taking a step forward.
"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" I said getting my normal voice back.
"Guys, ease up, okay. She's been out for a while. Hey, why don't you come sit out here with us? I'll get you some water." Lucy offered, stepping in front of everyone. I frowned for a moment, pausing after the others. I always thought he was using Nightmare magic on Mai, but that was.. somehow different. But her eyes weren't clouded over, she was awake and aware. And those screams, they weren't screams of terror. Those were screams of pain.. I shook my head quickly, following quickly after the others. Wait, does she mean' been out for a while? How long have I been asleep for?