The Man-Eating Bird Assassin

Mara P.O.V

      I hear Simon and Happy gasp, drawing my attention back to the fight. Birdman shoots his missiles at Natsu, but it missed. It MISSED! I rolled my eyes, a smile naturally coming to my face as Natsu begins taunting him. I tense as the missile came back swishing over his head. But something reached out of the missile and grabbed Natsu. My eyes widened in panic.
"Oh, no. This is bad, real real bad." I groaned in fear. The missile flew all around the room vehemently, still holding on to Natsu. Natsu yelled out, while the missile continued to go around and around in circles. Is it bad to say I wanted to laugh?
"And around the world you go!" BirdMan called out. I cleared my throat and pretended to cough to cover up my laugh and smile. But failed on the smiling.
"His attack.. I see." Simon whispered to himself. Watching as Natsu flew around the room.
"Natsu!! Try and suppress the feeling!!!" I yelled, over my laughing outburst by now.
"I, can't!! Don't you think I would have done that by now?!?!" He cries heatedly before his cheeks puffed out.
"I know my opponents weaknesses very well, Salamander!" The assassin called out laughing scornfully. If he knows people's weaknesses then why didn't he use my weakness against me?
"Oh, no! It's transportation!" Happy cried out.
"What do you mean?" Simon asked me.
"Motion sickness." I replied simply.
"Weaken your prey before going in for the kill is what I say." He continues to laugh egotistically.
"I don't get why he never did anything to me." I ponder to myself quietly, narrowing my eyes at him.
"What do you mean, Mara?" Happy asked, floating by my side.
"Well, he didn't use any of my weaknesses against me." I replied puzzled.
"Now that you mention it, he didn't, did he?" Happy notices..

     I went back to watching Natsu get tossed around, the missile suddenly letting go of him. He started to fall, instinctively I forced myself, only for Simon to hold me back.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I growled.
"It is Salamander's fight now." He responded without eye contact.
"I don't care." I pushed forcefully, but I was too late. But instead of him dropping to the ground, BirdMan opened his mouth wide and started to swallow Natsu whole.
"Natsu!!" I yelled out in fear.
"He's eating him like a sandwich!!!" Happy yelled. I went to stand up, but was forced right back down. This time it wasn't because of Simon, it was because of my own weakness. Someone grabbed me from behind, and from their size I knew it wasn't Simone. I turned back quickly, glad to see it was Gray. I turned in his hold to hug him, just glad he was alright, hoping the others were too. I pulled back suddenly, almost falling as he steadied me but I only pushed him away.
"Now go and save Natsu." I held his eye in determination, pointing towards the bird like man. He looked at me curiously.
"Okay but first, what is that thing?" He asked instead, looking at Fukuro strangely.

"You're here." Simon states, taking notice of him now.
"Why is it eating Natsu?" He asked, shocked and skeptical. But overall wasting time.
"Arghh! Just go out there." I groaned exasperatedly..
"He swallowed him whole?!" Happy exclaims out. I looked at him and sure enough he did. My eyes widened, turning into a glare. I growled forcing myself to stand up ignoring the fact that my head was pounding inside my skull and my body was aching from the abuse as well as my magic use.
"My prey is not only tasty but I gain their magic power as well." BirdMan informs. Happy charged at him, my being taking control instantly as I saw the little blue cat fly towards the beast that had just eaten Natsu.
"Give him back to me now!!" Happy demands. Fukuro started to aim one of Natsu's attacks for him. I got to him in time, but not in time to dodge. I grabbed Happy and turned so my back would take the hit instead. I winced before tossing Happy to the other two.
"So it seems you're back for round two, young Nightmare?" He taunted menacingly. I glared at him as I felt tiny parts of the fabric to my dress singe, slowly giving him a curt nod. Before I could finish the tiny nod, the cage I was on snapped and began to fall, forcing me to start up my slayer magic to keep me afloat till I was on another cage. I inhaled deeply, preparing myself to battle the assassin. I was stopped in my step, Gray now standing in front of me and a hand on my shoulder for comfort while gently holding out a tearful Happy to me. My eyes soften at the sight of the blue cat, ignoring the small chat of Gray and Simon while pulling Happy to me. I looked down at him with soft eyes.
"We have to save Natsu." He almost cried. I sighed and brought my hand up to my mask, fixing it a bit so it was better in place, even if it was broken and on the verge of exposing my face to the world.
"We will, but you can't just go charging into battle like that, Happy. You know how badly you could have been hurt?" I scolded him softly. He just sniffles, snuggling further into my hold.
"You know, Natsu would be lucky to have you." He mumbled quietly. My eyes widened.
"W-what?" I questioned, not sure I was hearing the little feline correctly. He shrugged.
"Nothing." He suddenly beamed at me. I raised a brow at him but didn't push it any further.

     My attention was brought back when I heard Gray yell at Natsu, who was still in the ego-crazed assassin bird. I looked and saw his stomach move, Natsu must have hit him or something.

"The digestive process has begun! Ten minutes, times up and his body will be fully dissolved within my own. Once that happens, I will be able to use his magic power to bring you all to justice!" Fukuro yelled as his body began to blaze with fire, and Gray landed in front of him.
"Oh, yeah? I wouldn't count on that buddy." Gray challenged, ready to fight.
"You will fall too!" BirdMan declares.
"Ice make: Lance!" Gray yelled as his ice make magic took form to shoot out at BirdMan. The sharp ice arrows shot out at Birdy but he just used Natsu's fire and completely melted the ice. Not only that but it continued to shoot out, and catch Gray himself in the attack as well. Gray yelled out as Fukuro continued with the fire. Gray got a sudden rage boost and froze the flames in his frenzy.
"Natsu's flames are way hotter pal, but what I expected because you're just some bird brain poser." Gray said.
"Who-who, that's an impressive power you got. Maybe I should capture you as well." BirdMan yelled, flying up in the air before lunging towards Gray. He caught him and proceeded to start swallowing him whole too. Gray was faster thinking, freezing his mouth.
"I'm not going to waste anymore time playing these stupid games with you!! I got more important things to do, like rescue Erza!!" Gray yelled furiously at the assassin. Gray yelled out bringing back his fist as did Birdy. Fukuro using fire magic and Gray using ice. They clashed fist, both magic powers flying all over the room. Gray broke it off and jumped backwards onto another bird cage.
"Outta my way." Gray uttered as his arms froze into sharp frozen ice spear..things, and lunged at him once again.
"Ice blade: Seven strike dance!" Gray yelled out, slicing Birdy over and over again repeatedly. Birdy went flying backwards, in the process he also spat out Natsu. My eyes widened as I quickly passed Happy over to Simon and jumped forward to catch him, gently setting him on the ground beside Happy and Simon.

 My eyes widened as I quickly passed Happy over to Simon and jumped forward to catch him, gently setting him on the ground beside Happy and Simon

"Simon. I need you to use your dark moment spell again." I request tiredly, dropping to the ground after setting Natsu down. He looked at me and nodded. The room went dark, allowing me to consume the darkness within the room. I sighed, somewhat satisfied and sat down next to Natsu's head. I smiled lightly and pushed his hair out of his face. So.. bird brain is defeated, and Natsu is safe. All that's left is to defeat Jellal, and make sure the others are alright.