So Close, Yet So Far

Mara P.O.V

 Huh? What the hell? I grunted raising my head a bit. Why-.. Why am I stuck to a tree? Wait a minute... last night, Levy. Droy. Jet... We were attacked last night. The metal faced guy. I growled, my anger quick to reappear, seeing the sun peek over the horizon as it begun to rise. My confusion and humiliation was already making me mad, but when I turned, seeing Levy, Jet and Droy, strapped up to the tree with me.. Only made my anger worse. Them still unconscious, beaten and battered badly.

"YOU BASTARD! I'LL KILL YOU! URGHHH! COME BACK AND FIGHT ME, YOU COWARD!!" I yelled as loud as I could. I screamed out again, pulling and shaking my arms violently. By now I noticed the people who have started to gather by the tree we were strapped to, to see what the yelling was about. I roared out in anger seeing most of them gasping in pity and shock.

"WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!?" I yelled to them all pulling on the metal clamps that bounded me to the tree. I growled out seeing more people start to gather this time. That's when I saw Natsu and the others coming as well. I yelled again in complete rage, pulling on the metal I was strapped too violently, my arms shaking to dig them out of the tree they were so deeply imbedded in.

"Come back and fight me the right way!! Let's see who wins then!! You coward!" I continued to scream in a complete state of irate, the metal soon snapping in my violent tantrum. I seethed out angrily, breathing heavy as I slowly raised up from my spot, the metal clanking and thudding on the ground heavily as they fell from my limbs. People backed up slightly in fright as Lucy and Happy came up to me trying to calm me down.
"Mara?! Mara! Please, you have to calm down. What happened, who did this to you guys?!" Lucy yelled trying to get me to calm down. I shook my head violently, pointing up to the others to signal to get them down. I growled out again, reaching up quickly and gripping my hood in anger, pulling it further down slightly before letting ago. The anger wanting to be released so badly, as Lucy tried to get me to stop and calm myself.
"I had him. I HAD HIM!!"I yelled shaking. She looked almost hurt, the type of hurt though on her face confusing me. It didn't look like normal hurt, but something more complex. She went to say something, but faltered. I shook my head vigorously turning to leave. The feel of wanting to cry making me go in another small frenzy. I-I was so close... He ruined the guild... He ruined my new home, he hurt my new friends! I felt my eyes sting slightly from the tears that started to prick my eyes, before I blinked them away. I can't believe I was going to leave.. I grit my teeth, still breathing heavy. That's when I caved. I dropped to the ground, letting the tears I've been holding in fall, still gritting and tense in anger. I growled slamming my fist again the ground.

    Why? Every time something good happens, something bad has to happen just to ruin it. I finally found someone who loved me.. and he took her away from me.  Then I met Kuragari.. and he just left! He didn't even say goodbye! For years I've been traveling only.. All those years I've endured pain and loss. I finally found a new place I was thinking I could call home. One that seems to actually cares for me, wants me there. I made friends like Lucy, Erza, Natsu, Mirajane, Happy and Gray- All of them! I know I was thinking about leaving.. who am I kidding.. I couldn't just leave them. Not with how quickly I've grown to liking them, to this place. But none of that matter's because he- that Goddamn Phantom lord guy shows up and ruined everything! After I swore- I promised that once I found the person that ruined the guild, I'd make them pay!! I was so close! I almost had him! Just a few more hits... but someone had interfered. They humiliated us! They humiliated me!

      I yelled out again, punching the ground again, before I felt someone put a firm hand on my shoulder.  I hesitantly looked back, it was Master Gramps. Looking past him, I could see that I was barely ten feet away from everyone, their faces full of sadness and sorrow.

"Master...." I could hear Erza speak quietly. There was a moment of silence before he spoke, still leaving his hand on my shoulder as comfort and reassurance.
"I can take our headquarters reduced to rubbles, but I will not let harm come to my children without taking revenge!!" He yells fiercely, snapping his staff with his other hand into splinters.