The Magic Within

Mara P.O.V

    Happy grabbed a hold of me while Natsu used his fire and together we flew to the top of the tower.

"Let's kick some butt!" I yelled.

"Aye, sir!!" Happy yelled back.

"I'm a girl, cat." I yelled over the wind, seeing him smiling. I smiled back, the friendly banter cut off as I heard what sounded like a jetplane close by. I squinted to see, seeing whatever it was flying right at us with full speed.

"Whoo-who-who!" Some overgrown owl hooted out in the wind, before diving straight at us. Happy moved out of the way as did Natsu.

"Looks like we got trouble." I informed as I looked at Natsu. Looks like the games really did begin, and he means business.

    My eyes widened slightly as Happy let go of me for a moment to help Natsu, flying back to catch me. I turned to catch glimpse of the skyrocketing birdman, before the said owl crashed into us, sending us flying back. I yelled out, landing painfully, Natsu crashing down on me shortly after, only causing more pain to spread throughout me. I winced, pushing myself up as Natsu rushed up.

"Oh man, Mara! Hey, are you alright?" Natsu worries while standing up and helping me up. I nod, accepting his help.

"Yeah, I'm fine, nothing a good stretch won't help." I shake the fall off, stretching out my limbs. My eyes narrowed as I examined the surrounding area, birds cages were literally hanging everywhere.

"Salamander! Nightmare! Are you alright?!" I heard someone call out. The voice familiar, I turned back seeing Simon.

"Uh? Who the heck's yelling at me now?" Natsu wonders out loud. I went to interrogate but Happy cut me off.

"Gotta be careful with this guy, he's one of blockhead's buddies." He said flying in between Natsu and I.

"That means he's with that creep Jellal." Natsu added. I nod with a glare, still a little upset about being thrown overboard, even if I had been out-of-control destroying it.

"I"m not, trust me, I'm on your side. This whole time I was pretending to be under that lunatic 's spell. It was the only way I could be able to stop him." Simon explained. My lips flatten at this, his voice unwavering, his eyes dead set.

"We don't believe you." Happy said for all of us, but I stepped in.

"No, he's not. He's telling the truth." I finally added irritatedly.

"Huh. How do you know?" Natsu asked me. I exhale, staring at Simon hard, his eyes still not wavering.

"Because of the way he's acting, I can just tell. Besides, blockhead really would have taken my mask off, if not for Simon." I half explained. I looked back up slowly to Simon.

"Consider us even." I remark bitterly,

"Is that really the truth?" Natsu asked him as if trying to read him for himself. Simon gave a slight nod.

"Yes, it is." He confirms.

"So, who is this Jellal guy anyways?" Natsu asked, getting straight to it.

"And why do we have to play this stupid game anyways?" I half pouted.

"He's got a twisted sense of humor. He's the twin brother of Siegrain, a member of the magic council. I assume that's how he knows they're going to fire the Etherion blast." He informs back to us. My eyes narrowed slightly in confusion. That does't seem right... why would the council let the twin brother of a complete lunatic be in the council to begin with? There has to be more to it, I mean for all they know he could just be as messed up.... there's something.... just not right about this situation. There's something more to it, and I bet it all leads back to Jellal and this Tower of Heaven of his.