The Dragon Who Wears a Mask

Mara P.O.V

       I grinned slightly at the Birdman before putting my hands together forward. 'Dark dragon: Dark dragon explosion!' The attack soared and hit Birdman until he hit a far away bird cage. He glared at me and charged at me once more, 'Illusion blast.' He dodged it, flying around and launching an attack at me, one I couldn't avoid. I flew back, pushing more of my own energy into my feet, stopping myself from going back any further. I let my magic surround his, grinning as I dropped on top of the bird cage. I grunted with a twisted chuckle, I forcefully swung myself whilst twisting myself, swinging the attack around in the air to gain momentum.

"Here, why, don't you, take it back!" I let go after one final forceful twist, the my attack surrounding his, a two for one, if you would. I whistled as it soared, wiping out the birdman. I laughed out as he was once again forced to peel himself from the wall. Happy and them were left speechless, suppressed gasps as the birdman hovers in the air, his air turning redder and redder the longer this fight dragged on. How is he not tiring!? I questioned the state him, his battered condition. He's feeling it, I know he is. But just how mu-

     My arm shot out before I could fully process, slapping an attack to the side that he had sent. flew up, trying to dodge another one of his attacks, but it was quick, landing and sending me back. I stopped above the birdcage, kicking myself off it for momentum and launching myself for him swiftly. I swung my fist back, ready to punch him into next year, when he started to open his mouth. My eyes widen, I don't know what he's doing but I do not want to know! I quickly launched an attack above me, sending my hurtling down. The birdman wasting no time coming after me, which I expected, already having made my way behind him, my attack ready 'Dark dragon: Dark dragon roar!' 

     The attack hit him, sending him landing face first into a cage. I pulled back, before slamming magic energy into the attack. 'Nightmare sonic shockwave!!' It crashed into him, pushing him against the side of the bird cage, causing it to rumble and vibrate violently, trembling up the chain. The vibrations resonated throughout the room, nearby cages swaying from the aftershock. The force broke through the cage, sending him through the other side, still continuing to smash into another, and through that one, before smashing into another, only indenting this one. 

      He angrily pulled himself off from the bars, blood dripping as he floated in the air, trying hard to compose himself, but there was something different, his actions were delayed, even if slightly

      He angrily pulled himself off from the bars, blood dripping as he floated in the air, trying hard to compose himself, but there was something different, his actions were delayed, even if slightly. I inhaled deeply before getting another attack ready, not phased as he zoomed for me, grabbing me tightly by the throat which caused Happy to cry out. Feeling him and the other two near him tense with worry. My hand slipped my mask up just a bit. 'Dark dragon: Dark dragon roar!' My cheeks puffed out, before blasting him with the attack. He abandoned his hold on me as I landed on a cage below me, realizing the attack had chipped away some of the mask. The lower half of the mask on the right side, chipped, cracked it felt like.