A Truce

Mara P.O.V

     Well last night was good....I guess. I mean I made a fool of myself in front of Natsu, revealed my face to the whole guild, and got hit in the face with a guitar. Doesn't necessarily sound all too fun but hey, I'll take what I can get I guess.

    I was greeted the next day by waking up before the sun, which is something I never do. It gave me time to catch up on some chores, took a shower and everything before sulking my way to the kitchen to realize I had everything done already and it wasn't even seven in the morning yet. I was in the middle of eating when someone knocked on my door. I waited hoping they would leave but they didn't, their knocking only increasing. I groaned getting up from my seat.

"Alright, alright! I'm coming. Just calm down already. Man.." I yawn, opening the door. I opened my eyes, surprised to see Levy, Jet and Droy all standing at my door. Jet and Droy had their arms crossed with a serious face, while Levy was in the back twiddling with her fingers. A rather perplexed look on her face as she kept her eyes down. I raised a brow at them before turning around and started walking back to the stools in the kitchen.

"Come on in." I offer, waving a hand for them. I hear them all come in and shut the door behind them. But Levy stayed by the door, not looking at the others or me.

"What's up with you?" I asked, noticing she finally looked up. She bites her lip as the other two step forward to gain my attention.

"We're all meeting with Gajeel. Teach him not to mess with us." Jet implies, a small fire in me igniting almost instantly as I start to grow jittery at the thought.

"We know you don't like him, there's no denying that. So we're meeting him at the park in fifteen minutes." Droy added this time.

"The sound of that brings me more joy than you could possibly imagine, but uh.. Why does she look like she's here against her will?" I inquire, gesturing towards Levy.

"Because she is." Jet and Droy respond simultaneously, smiling innocently. I bite back a smile and sigh whilst walking over to Levy, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"How 'bout this, we just ruff him up a bit and then we stop. Nothing overboard, okay? Maybe a scratch or two, that's it." I try instead, hoping to bring her at least some comfort. She was still dubious but complied.

     I stood with my arms crossed, Jet and Droy slightly behind me, with Levy keeping her distance behind the tree we were standing in front of. I cocked a brow seeing Gajeel finally showing up. He just sighed, walking a bit further before stopping a bit in front of us.

"So, why'd you call me out here? What's the deal? But make it fast I gotta get to work." Gajeel said, but I notice his eyes flicker towards the girl with reluctance behind the tree. He likes her, doesn't he? I refrain myself from taunting him aloud about it.

"We got a bone to pick with you." Jet starts.

"After what you did to us, there's no way you're joining the guild." Droy added firmly.

"Come on guys, can't you just forgive and forget?" Gajeel goads, with an all too punch-able grin.

"Not a chance in hell." I answer bluntly.

"Well aren't you just nice." He glares.

"I really don't like you." I growled back.

"And I don't like you!!" He counted back this time again.

"Hey, guys. Look maybe w-we should just stop, okay? Maybe he's right, ya know?" I hear Levy speak up timidly from her spot. First him, now her... I'm beginning to think they like each other or something.