Recovery

Erin's POV

I don't remember much. I remember looking up and seeing the gun. I remember hearing the gunshot. I remember the pain throughout my entire body on the ride to the hospital. I remember telling Mills to tell Nadia something. And.. And that's it.

Halstead's POV

"She made it through surgery but has a lot of recovering to do. She has bruising on her face and neck, A broken nose, a broken hand, and she had internal bleeding." The doctor said. "She is resting in room 324." 

"Can I go see her?" I ask the doctor. 

"You may, but you have to let her get some rest. If she wakes up come get a nurse and tell her not to move her shoulder, that's where the bullet was and it might be a little sore." I nod and start walking down the hall. Voight went to get some food so I text him, 'Erin's in room 324, heading there now.' I get a response back almost immediately. 'Be there soon.'

Voight and I have been in Erin's room waiting for her to wake up for two hours now. I am getting tired but won't allow myself to fall asleep till I know Erin will be ok. "Halstead" I hear Voight say. "You should get some re..." I don't even let him finish. 

"No, I need to make sure she is okay. I can rest later." I say in a harsh whisper. Voight just sighs and looks at Erin.

Erin's POV

I slowly open my eyes to bright lights. As I start to remember what happened and where I was all the pain shot through my body at once. I squint and try to sit up not noticing anyone in the room. "Erin? Take it easy." I hear Jay say. I look over at him and an instant feeling of relief came over me. I knew I was safe when he was around.

I look at him and smile. Then a tear falls down my cheek as I remember the pain I'm in. He runs to my side and grabs my hand. He gently squeezes it and comforts me. "Voight just went to get a nurse. He will be back any minute." I nod in response and pull Halstead into a hug.