The Life I left Behind

"Hello, Detective Erin Lindsay." 

"Liam Riggson, I should have known this was you," Erin spoke weakly.

"Oh but deep down you knew it was." Liam said, "I have a little surprise for you."

"You know I hate surprises." Erin said flatly.

"Oh but this one you will hate the most." He pulled over a cart that had a towel over the top. He uncovered it to reveal tools. "You like?" He asked. My pulse quickened as I saw the knife was bloody. "Ah, I see you looking at the knife. Is that the one you want?" He asked with a smile. 

"You won't get away with this. My team will find you." Erin threatened. 

"Oh, you mean Jay Halstead, Hank Voight, Antonio Dawson, Alvin Olinsky, Adam Ruzek, and Kevin Atwater?" I looked at him panicking. "They won't find you here. This place is off the maps."

"If you hurt them ill..." 

"You'll what Erin? Did you forget you are the one tied up and weak?" Liam said cutting her off. "Besides, it's not them I'm going to hurt." He said smacking me. I started laughing. "Why are you laughing?" Liam asked confused. 

"You had someone else kidnap me and you had to drug me to tie me up. You are scared of me." I said laughing. 

"I am not afraid of you."

"You are, you're afraid to face me." 

"No, I'm not!" He said grabbing the knife. 

"Do it." I tempted him. "Do it!" This time he started laughing. 

"No. That would be too easy. You need to suffer as my dad did." 

"I didn't hurt your dad." 

"Ya, but you put him in jail! You are the reason he was there!" He screamed. 

"I didn't kill him." I testified. 

"You put him in jail, he was tortured and killed because YOU, put him in jail. So now you are going to suffer as he did." He wiped away a tear and started choking me.