Chapter 38 ~ Dread and Deceit (M)

Mature

Warnings: assault and depression (You can DM for specifics💙)

_____________________

As Legolas and Faeriel hastened back to the keep, voices drifted down from a hundred flocking birds, all swooping gracefully in great lines and knots in the sky.

Faeriel heard their inner voices too. They had come to honor the Wind Lord, Wind Lady, and the other Great Eagles. Her heart pattered in excitement. She had always wanted to meet Gwaihir, Gilda, and their brethren... Rada had told her many tales of them, and their forefather, Thorondor. Could they be here? Could that mean that Radagast has come?

Legolas' mind was still whirling and his hard shaft still throbbing from the accidental pressure of her hot groin upon his. But he had little time to dwell in the intoxicating memory as they departed the verdant valley and entered the halls.

Legolas and Faeriel passed a guard who bowed to Legolas. "Hîr nín Legolas."

"The summons?" Legolas queried.

"Mithrandir and Aiwendel have arrived."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tysaun, brooding in the late Maelorion's chambers, sensed the wizards. Sauron had warned him about these perceptive foes. Anger rose in him. He had not yet fed... if he did not feed at once, he would have no power to disguise himself from them.

He coveted his prizes, his power, that would elevate him to his rightful place as lord and master of the world. But that foul ellon was always at her side, and just then, her twin was with another, playing music on a trumpet. He was too weak to attack with a witness, and besides, that one was too alert and wore weapons like he knew how to use them.

Faeriel was the weaker one, and he had to strike immediately, before the wizards sensed him. But how to get her on her own? Cogs whirled in his twisted mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soon Legolas and Faeriel reached the throne chamber. And there was Rada, looking as delightfully kindly and wonky as ever. Faeriel ran ahead of Legolas.

She paused shyly as she noticed a stranger with him. Beside Rada stood a tall wizened man with thick, worn gray robes and blue eyes keen under the brim of pointed hat.

"My little one," Rada said, quick to embrace her. She could smell all her friends on him. A bird named Esmerelda poked out of his hat, chirruping at her. Faeriel petted her feathery head.

"How are all my friends?" she asked quickly.

Rada told her how much they missed her and reassured her of their well-being before turning to the gray bearded wizard. "Faeriel, may I introduce Gandalf. Gandalf the Gray. Or, Mithrandir, as he is called by the elves."