thirty - one

╔═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╗
𝗰𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗲
╚═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╝

Warm.

It was... warm. And soft. And... comforting.

Kokichi felt like he was in a cloud. A warm, comforting cloud. Was this- the afterlife? If it was, he already loved it. It was dark. Quiet, too. His left hand felt warm, and encased in something. It was a familiar feeling, one that he'd felt before. One he was sure that he cherished.

It was relaxing.

No noises, no sights, no senses. Except...

Was that coffee?

If this was the afterlife, he didn't want to be smelling coffee. But the scent... was familiar. It smelt like a memory.

That was right; Shuichi's coffee. It was his favourite drink, the one he indulged in every day. It was a memory that Kokichi held close, but would never admit it.

As much as it did remind him of Shuichi, he really couldn't stand it.

Where was it coming from?

Kokichi slowly moved his fingers. He began to gain feeling... and slowly but surely opened his eyes. The room was barely light, only a couple slithers of rising sunlight shining into the familiar room around him.

He blinked his eyes a little wider, but they felt heavy. He was tired, but he needed to open his eyes. His pupils moved steadily, eyeing the blurry room around him.

He looked off to the left. Someone was sat next to him. He couldn't quite make out the features, but he could easily see that signature ahoge and navy-tinted hair.

"Shu-ichi?" He whispered, his voice almost inaudible.
"Kokichi?"

Oh, he loved that voice. His lips curled up a little at the silk voice that sounded. Kokichi waited as his vision came around a little more. He could faintly make out the nightstand next to him, with a mug atop, translucent steam rising from it.

"Are you..." he uttered, "having coffee?"

He heard a faint laugh beside him.

"I've been sat here all night, holding your hand. And you wake up to the smell of coffee." Shuichi scoffed quietly with his lips pulled into an adoring smile. "How predictable."

Kokichi giggled and sleepily closed his eyes.

"It's not... my fault that it stinks."
"Oh shush."
"Mmmm..." Kokichi hummed with a soft, half smile.

He was laid in Shuichi's bed. He could feel Shuichi's hand laced with his, and the warm lavender presence that surrounded him.

"How are you feeling?" Shuichi asked, keeping his voice quiet.
"Tired." Kokichi replied.
"You've been knocked out for eleven hours."
"I feel like I just had the best sleep of my life." He whispered.

Shuichi chuckled, and they descended into silence. Shuichi never let go of his hand, and Kokichi's faint smile never left his lips. Yes. If this was the afterlife... he loved it.

An afterlife, just him and Shuichi, alone in the room, hands locked together. It was perfect. Simply perfect.

Kokichi's eyes opened as he felt a familiar pair of chapped lips press against his. Shuichi placed a careful hand on his cheek and kissed him in soft, hesitant tenderness. Kokichi felt his stomach buzz with butterflies, but gently closed his eyes and let Shuichi kiss him.