ten

╔═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╗
𝗳𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘁
╚═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╝

Kokichi shot up in his bed with a gasp. His breaths were erratic, and once again, his body was drenched in sweat. His heart thumped against his chest as he tried to regain speed of his own breathing.

"F-fuck!" He slammed his hand down onto the bed beside him out of harsh indignation.

Yet another one of his nightmares had jolted him awake. He was furious, irritated and tired with the night terrors creeping up on him every night. He had never gotten over six hours of sleep since he was four, and it took a toll on his health a long time ago.

Kokichi bit his lip, inhaling and exhaling deeply out of his nose, a desperate attempt to calm down his shaking frame. It was awful. He felt physical pain coursing through his body every time he awoke, and he knew it was only going to continue.

Kokichi sighed shakily and brought his hands up to cover his face. He was hot, sweaty, sticky.

04:56

The bedside lamp illuminated the clock in his bedroom.

Kokichi glanced at it with his peripheral vision and groaned.

"What will it take to get a full nights sleep?!" He dropped back down on his back to stare up at the ceiling, and scrunched his comforter tight in his fist.

Perhaps part of the reason he never could sleep through the night was because he never turned the lights off. Sure, his nightmares were most likely the culprit. But maybe the bright beside lamp was having negative effects on his body clock.

Kokichi didn't bother to think about it too much.

His eye caught something resting on his desk as his eyes wandered around the room. He turned his head slowly to look directly at it, and waited for his vision to focus.

'What the hell is that?' Kokichi thought. He sat back up and gently removed the covers from his legs, before stepping off his bed and tiptoeing towards the monopad-looking item.

He rubbed his eye, and picked it up with his other hand. It was as he had imagined, it was a monopad. Yet the design was slightly different. Colourful, unlike the black exterior of his normal pad.

Suddenly, the screen flicked on.

"Kokichi Ouma's motive video!" Kokichi blinked in surprise as the shrill voice of Monokuma came from the pad in his hands.

"Kokichi Ouma. The Ultimate Supreme Leader!"
"What the hell is this?" Kokichi brought the monopad closer to his face.
"He caused mayhem the world over as the leader of his secret organisation, D.I.C.E."

Kokichi felt a wave of panic wash over him. It was cold and terrifying. How did Monokuma know about this?

"And by mayhem, I mean petty nonviolent crimes and harmless pranks."

Kokichi didn't say another word as he watched himself show up on the screen, surrounded by his beloved members. He just stared in shock and disbelief.