nine

╔═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╗
𝗵𝗮𝗶𝗿 𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀
╚═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╝

Kokichi hummed a simple tune to himself as he played with his hair in the mirror. He had stolen a hair tie from Maki's room while she was preoccupied with Kaito doing who knows what. She had an assortment of red scrunchies and black hair ties, and Kokichi decided to steal the latter.

He held the hair tie between his lips as he pulled his purple hair back, holding it with one hand and plucking the hair tie from his mouth and tying back his hair. A few loose strands stuck out at the side, and some hung lazily in front of his face.

"This is weird." Kokichi tilted his head and stared at himself in the mirror.

Some of his hair at the back was too short to fit into the ponytail, so it was more of a half ponytail. Kokichi folded his arms and stared at his reflection. There was barely anything to do in the school, and Kokichi had lost the only person he was comfortable enough to talk to like a real friend.

He looked down at the desk in front of him.

It was for the better. Kokichi was confident he could win the game if Shuichi didn't get in the way. But Kokichi was drawn to the detective, caught in his invisible grasp. It wouldn't hurt to see him, right? As long as he kept his barriers high enough. On the bright side, annoying Shuichi would just push him further away.

Kokichi already knew where Shuichi would be.

And so, with a peppy walk, Kokichi made his way out of his room, and to the library.

Over the past day, Kokichi had blocked their argument out of his head. It never happened. He didn't like to think about it. It was a clean slate, and Kokichi had to maintain his annoying personality to drive Shuichi away whilst he worked on stopping himself from being so attracted to the detective like a magnet.

The argument had stung. It had cut Kokichi, but he had stitched it back just well enough so that those stitches didn't pop and cause an emotional outburst.

It wasn't like he actually liked the taller boy, though. No, he just found him intriguing.

Kokichi hummed and pushed the library door open. It squeaked painfully.

"Shumai? You in hereee?" Kokichi sang, stepping forward to get a closer look and see if Shuichi was in fact reading a book in the library as he always did.

Kokichi knew he was in the right place when an exasperated sigh came from the furthest aisle. He smiled to himself and skipped over to the far side of the room.

"Shu-"
"What do you want?" Shuichi didn't look up from his book. As always, he was sat on a cushion and leaning against the bookcase.
"I was just coming to hang out with you." Kokichi smiled.

Shuichi looked up and raised an eyebrow. His expression quickly morphed into a confused glare.

"What have you done to your hair?"
"Aw, this thing? I'm glad you noticed!" Kokichi twirled a strand of hair around his finger.
"Of course I'd notice. This is the first time I've seen you without your hair sticking out everywhere, and somehow it's still doing it."
"Hypocrite." Kokichi gestured to Shuichi's ahoge. Shuichi rolled his eyes.