two

╔═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╗
𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲
╚═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╝

Kirumi collected the mugs from Kokichi and Shuichi, holding them in each gloved hand as she turned with a smile, heading back to the kitchen.

Kokichi placed his hands behind his head in a relaxed manner, leaning back and sighing. Shuichi could feel the caffeine beginning to kick in, feeling more awake than when he did ten minutes ago. It was a nice feeling, one Shuichi cherished. In his opinion, a nice, steaming hot coffee was the perfect way to start his day.

Of course, the situation they were currently in was vastly different to Shuichi's average day, but having that caffeine kick made him feel a little more relaxed, despite its usual reputation for giving jitters and causing your heart rate to skyrocket. For Shuichi, coffee and caffeine was a comfort. The taste, aroma, the feeling of the searing hot liquid against his tongue, it made him feel at home. As home as one could feel whilst trapped in a school with no escape.

Kokichi had a different taste. He liked sweet, sugary drinks, specifically Panta, and occasionally the odd hot cocoa whenever he felt cold. Which for Kokichi, was often. With such a small frame, Kokichi sometimes struggled to stay warm. Panta was his favourite, it's sickly sweet taste perfectly satisfied his sweet tooth. The bubbles stung against the roof of his mouth, just perfect.

"When do you think those fuckers will be back?" Miu groaned, leaning against one of the walls. Kiibo was stood next to her, thankful that she had gotten over touching up his entire robotic body and interrogating him on every function he had.

"I'm not sure. Should I go look for them?" Kaito stood from his seat he had taken at the table.
"I think you're too late, they're here." Maki pointed out, holding the door open as the rest of the students came rushing down the hall.

Kokichi leaned back in his chair, balancing it on two legs, so he could watch as the remaining students came in.

"Gonta found something! Gonta found something very interesting!" Gonta yelled, a wide grin on his face. Himiko and Tenko followed after him, along with Ryoma, Tsumugi, Rantaro and Angie. Kirumi stepped out of the kitchen, alerted by all the ruckus.

"Atua has blessed us all, there is an escape!" Angie clapped her hands together in a prayer, closing her eyes peacefully.

Kaede jumped up in her chair, causing the table to move a little as she did so, almost knocking Kokichi's chair over backwards. Thankfully, he landed back on the four legs, grasping onto the table for dear life.

"Are you serious!? Where's the exit?!"
"Gonta found a manhole. We think we can use it as an escape." Himiko smiled, speaking quietly.
"Personally I think it was because of Himiko's magic- she led us!" Kokichi rolled his eyes dramatically at Tenko and her 'friendly' obsession with the mage.

"Take us! Let's go, quick!" Kaede beamed, following after Gonta as he excitedly made his way back into the corridor. Shuichi and Kokichi stood too, everyone filtering out of the room, bubbling with anticipation. Kokichi stretched and yawned, tucking his chair back in.

Excitement burned in Shuichi's chest, an opportunity finally arising, a chance to escape.

"This sounds cool... certainly not boring!" Kokichi brought his hands up to his face excitedly, matching Shuichi's excited energy. Shuichi laughed, his heart rate raising. The caffeine had definitely accelerated his excitement, and he wasn't complaining. The two followed after the group, Maki lingering a few feet behind them.

"I wouldn't get too excited. It may just lead nowhere." Maki mentioned, following shortly behind Kokichi and Shuichi. Kokichi rolled his eyes and turned his head to Maki as he continued walking.
"You're such a bummer."
Maki simply scoffed and picked up her pace, pushing past Kokichi to catch up with Kaito and Kaede. Now, Kokichi and Shuichi were at the end of the group, following closely behind Kirumi.