Resident Evil - Mansion Incident

24 of July of 1998

24 of July of 1998. Spencer Mansion, Arklay Mountains, Raccoon City, United States. Late Night.

S.T.A.R.S. Investigation Helicopter Missing!! – From Raccoon Press evening issue, July 24, 1998

Arklay Mountains, Raccoon City, 24th

A spokesperson at the Raccoon City Police Department reported that an investigation helicopter of the special task force S.T.A.R.S. Bravo Team is missing.

According to the announcement from the Raccoon City Police Department, the team was sent to investigate the Arklay Mountains and Raccoon forest area, where a number of people have been reported missing. Contact with the team has been lost since the last communication before dawn.

The Raccoon City Police Department suspects the team has been involved in some trouble. Now it will send the S.T.A.R.S. Alpha team to investigate and collect information from witnesses.

Recently there have been a number of bizarre murders reported near Raccoon City. This incident is likely to make Raccoon City residents feel even more uneasy.

The Special task force S.T.A.R.S. (Special Tactics and Rescue Service) was founded in 1996 under control of the Raccoon City Police Department to counteract increasing city terrorism and other crimes.

Resident Evil Digest 1

The S.T.A.R.S. Bravo Team was sent in to ascertain the cause of the grisly murders taking place in the Arklay Mountains, but all contact with them was cut off during the mission.

Alpha Team was then sent in to investigate. While searching for their comrades, Alpha Team fell under attack by monsters and were forced to flee into an ominous mansion.

The survivors, Chris, Jill, Barry and Wesker resumed the search for Bravo Team, but found that most of them had already been killed by zombies.

The mansion was filled with trap doors and strange devices and teemed with monstrous dogs, crows, spiders and blood-sucking plants. The mysteries surrounding the old residence became more apparent as the team fought their way through its evil inhabitants.

The mansion turned out to be a front for a hidden Umbrella research facility. Alpha Team managed to locate the survivors of Bravo Team - Rebecca, Richard and Enrico - but Richard perished shortly thereafter, and Enrico was murdered while trying to warn of a traitor in their midst.