Episode 16: A snake surrounded by wolves

27 of September of 1998

27 of September of 1998. Raccoon City Streets, Raccoon City, United States. 2:20 A.M.

Snake went through the streets of Raccoon City. He had to take great detours because many of the streets were a complete mess because they were full of crashed cars, zombies or both, being some streets completely blocked by this. However, this was just a minor setback for Solid Snake, who managed to get deeper into the city without getting the attention of great part of the zombies and monsters, just eliminating the very few that noticed him or were in his way. Snake was then at a street without any zombie at the sight when he heard several gunshots.

-Eh? Survivors!- Snake said.

Snake ran as fast as he could from the source of the gunshots. As he get closer the gunshots intensified, which could indicate that the fight against the undead was increasing. However, something was odd, as he couldn't hear the growls and shouts of the zombies and other monsters. He crossed some streets and then saw a policeman running toward him, scared. There was another policeman behind him that seemed wounded, not by a zombie but by a bullet.

-Hey, what's going on?- Snake asked.

The policeman ran and then a car exploded at his right, killing him while Snake was launched by the intensity of the explosion.

-A sensor bomb?- Snake said while standing up a little dizzy.

While getting up Snake saw that a blonde woman in a black leather suit with a black gas mask with blue glasses tried to kill the wounded policeman with a big knife, but the policeman managed to dodge her. But the policeman wasn't safe, as he was being surrounded by 4 more individuals that had a similar uniform to the blonde one, who joined them to finish the policeman. Snake quickly took out the P90 machine as well that a stun grenade.

-Drop the weapons and identify yourselves!- Snake shouted while pointing the gun toward them.

-Don't take another step- a male voice said to his left.

Then a man wearing a black tactical suit with a gas mask with blue visors appeared at his left, pointing his head with an assault rifle.

-"Advanced camouflage!?"- Snake thought impressed, though he hid his surprise.

Moments later the cop was assassinated by the mysterious group in front of Snake. The group was composed by 3 men and 3 women.

-What a surprise. Look who the American government sent here, the legendary Solid Snake- a woman with brown hair said.

-Solid Snake!? So this is the man that killed Big Boss and destroyed Outer Heaven!?- the big guy from the group shouted angrily.

-Thanks to you I lost a very good job offer and had to take this shitty work- the woman said angrily.

-Who are you!? Mercenaries!? And for whom are you working!?- Snake shouted.

-That's not of your concern Snake. I will take your life as a revenge for what you did for Big Boss. How ironic, you defeated the best soldier that lived on the XX century but you will be killed here without a great fight. I wonder what your superiors would think? That you were assassinated by  zombies, perhaps. That would be so humiliating- the woman said.