Episode 0: Last day of sanity

22 of September of 1998

22 of September of 1998. Jill's apartment, Raccoon City, United States. 6:10 A.M.

The daylight and the noisy sounds of the outside took Jill Valentine of her sleep. By simply reaction, the 23 year old woman with a height of 1.72 meters moved her arms, dropping by accident a box that was at her right.

-Damn! I did it again- Jill said when she noticed that she was sweaty.

She took off her bed sheet and stood up, stretching a little bit. Besides she rested many hours, she still felt tired.

-Another nightmare. They are just becoming worse every night- Jill said while tacking up the box that she dropped and put it back in her bed.

Since the Mansion Incident Jill started to have nightmares of all the atrocities and monsters that she and her teammates suffered at the Spencer Mansion. In some nightmares her teams got eaten alive by a bunch of zombies while in others she got dismembered by a bunch of bloody dogs. In some others she saw Raccoon City infested with the undead.

This forced Jill to take medicine to help her sleep, which, with the combination of her research on Umbrella and her recent suspension from the R.P.D. S.T.A.R.S. made her once clean and once comfortable apartment turn into a complete mess full of boxes and newspapers.

But that wasn't bothered Jill and not at that day. She was about to have a date with a friend. She smelled her armpits.

-Ugh! I need a bath. Which was the last day I took a shower?- Jill said while walking to the bath and tacking her toothbrush.

She cleaned her teeth and then went to her kitchen, took a bowl and full it with Kellog's and a bunch of milk. She then went to her bed and, turning on her TV with the remote control, she started to take a little healthy breakfast.

-You're watching Raccoon 7. Now the weather, with Terri Morales- a male voice over said changing the image of the logo of the channel (a white 7 inside a red circle) over a photo of Raccoon City to Terri Morales, a beautiful 26 year-old Latin woman which was wearing for that day a pink dress with an image at the back of Raccoon City and several temperatures numbers.

Terri was a former reporter who's false exposure of corruption in Raccoon City Hall ruined her news career, getting her demoted to weather announcement and causing her severe stress which led to her repeated use of antidepressant drugs. Of course those were the rumors at that time. Her rival, Alyssa Ashcroft, had a better luck in her reporter's career and reputation.

-It's 6:10 in the a.m. And already the temperature has reached a massive 92 degrees (33.33 Celsius) as this unprecedented heat wave continues. Clear skies in Raccoon City and a light breeze coming in from the west. And as a special bonus just for you, we have a pollen count of 0.7 and that's a record low for this time of year. Good news for all you hay fever and asthma sufferers. All in all, it looks like it's gonna be another beautiful day. Stay with us. After the break...we're gonna look at your favorite holiday hot spots- Terri said with a very fake smile.