Episode 22: Cat and mouse

28 of September of 1998

28 of September of 1998. Downtown Raccoon City, Raccoon City, United States. 9:36 P.M.

Jill went out of the subway station, and immediately saw a bunch of people running across the ruined streets of the city, going directly to the subway station while gunfire was heard at the distance. At her right was a blockade in which there were a bunch of corpses in black body bags. Some of the bags were moving.

-More survivors. We've got to get that train moving- Jill said.

Then a zombie appeared and was about to attack one of the survivors, but Jill quickly killed the zombie with a shoot in the head. The survivor ran terrified and entered the subway station.

-You're welcome- Jill said sarcastically.

Since the streets were a mess due to all the crashed car and roadblocks, Jill decided to went to the passageways between buildings, encountering a pair of zombies that she eliminated without problem. She advanced through the passageways and found a way to return to the streets, which at that part were not so messy than before.

There she walked with caution, seeing the destruction of her beloved city, hearing how the growls of the dead, the gunfire and the RPD announcement become the normal environment noise for Raccoon City. She then found that the main road was being blocked by a roadblock, in which the zombies were making pressure at the other side of it.

She then tried to went to an alternate route that led to the Crystal Promenade, a small shopping shopping-esque center that encompassed Restone Street, a central plaza ,and the nearby street parallel, but that route was also blocked by a roadblock and the zombies that were crawling for flesh. Finding that her main routes were blocked, Jill took out the radio to ask Carlos for help.

-Carlos, I've reached the main avenue. Which way do I go?- Jill said while seeing that the zombies were pressing at the other side of a pair of roadblocks that were still holding them.

-See a big transmission tower? That's the substation- Carlos said while gunfire was being heard from his side of the call –you'll have to circle around an alley to your right to get there-

-You mean the alley that's on fire?- Jill said turning to the right, seeing a corridor that was in flames. Suddenly the gunfire sound from Jill's side stopped.

-...Maybe? Surely a tall drink of water like yourself can put out a few flames- Carlos said.

-Fuck you- Jill said annoyed –I'm gonna find my own way.

Having living in Raccoon City for many years, Jill knew the city as the palm of her hand and she knew that she could take a little-big detour to City Hall that would let her reach the substation without having to find a hose. She went back and saw of the zombies put down the roadblock that led to the Moon Donut's.