Episode 12: Desperation

25 of September of 1998

25 of September of 1998. Raccoon City Police Station, Raccoon City, United States. 9:27 P.M.

-Keep pushing forward!- Jill shouted.

Jill and the policemen of Raccoon City were facing another horde of the undead that was coming to the RPD. The police forces armed a first line of defense consisting of S.W.A.T. forces holding riot shields to stop the zombies while the rest of the S.W.A.T. forces, above vehicles and in the higher levels of the Police Station were firing the zombies.

The S.W.A.P. forces managed to stop the crowds of zombies with easy. The zombies were slow and weak compared to normal humans. However, things change when the Crimson Heads entered at the scene. They were faster than a regular and more resistant than a regular zombie, as well that far stronger and more violent.

The Crimson Heads managed time by time to surpass some S.W.A.T. members and make a breach to the first perimeter, but it was taken before he could attack other S.W.A.T. members. However sometimes the Crimson Heads managed to claim some victims and cause several damage and losses to the RPD forces.

Also the infected animals were a great source for injuries and losses among the RPD forces. Not only the zombie dogs but also the infected crows which attacked the policemen and, though they didn't killed them, they diverted them and caused to be an easy prey for the other monsters. However, Robert Kendo landed a flamethrower to the police forces to combat this new threat and Jill was using it to make them retreat or kill them. After almost a hour fighting, they managed to kill the zombie horde. They buried they fallen comrades in the soil of the Police Station.

-How many have we loss?- Jill asked.

-I don't know, I lost the count- Brad said with a sad tone in their tone.

Minutes later they made an inventory of how much ammo they had left. They found out they have already used 23% of all the ammo that they had, even with Kendo supplying them ammunition and weapons.

-"At this rate we were going to be surpassed by the zombies. Even if we shot them in the head we won't be able to kill them all"- Jill thought.

Jill and Brad entered to the Police Station, which main hall converted into an improvised infirmary, with stretchers and curtains, to attend all the injured policemen and civilians. Some of the stretchers and curtains had blood, since some of the injured died and comeback as zombie that were took down by the police forces.

The pair of S.T.A.R.S. members took a soda from the dispenser and then they went to east office of the first floor of the Police Station, when they were seeing how the operators were attending and trying to respond to all the emergencies calls that were coming all across the city. Attending them was easy though sending the help that they needed was hard, especially since there were zombies in the streets and great part of the radios weren't working.