Resident Evil 2 - Memory of a Lost City

Leon Scott Kennedy: Now I will speak, speak of my unbearable memories

Leon Scott Kennedy: Now I will speak, speak of my unbearable memories... I will tell the truth of the Darkside... at the very edge of my mind...

1998... I'll never forget it.

It was the year when those grisly murders occurred in the Arklay Mountains.

The Virus broke out in a nearby mountain community, Raccoon City and hit the peaceful little town with a devastating blow crippling its very foundation...

Somehow, I made it out. But too many others... weren't so lucky.

Soon after, the news was out to the whole world revealing that it was the fault of a secret viral experiment conducted by the international pharmaceutical enterprise, Umbrella.

All right, let me go back to the beginning. My battle with the virus began in that zombie-infested death town...

30th September, 1998... I'll never forget it...

That was my first and last day as a police officer... The cop inside me died that day...

29 of September of 1998. Raccoon City, United States. 11:13 .P.M.

Resident Evil 2 Digest 1

Two months after the mansion incident, Raccoon City had shown signs of changing.

Leon S. Kennedy is R.P.D.'s newest police officer, and he has arrived in Raccoon City for his first day on the job.

The town is swarming with zombies and shortly after reaching town, Leon has to save Claire Redfield from an attacking zombie.

Claire is S.T.A.R.S. team member Chris Redfield's younger sister and has come looking for her brother.

Claire and Leon flee together to the safest location they can think of – the R.P.D. police station.

They manage to reach the station but find that the police force has already been devastated. The two decide to split up to try and look for survivors and an escape route.

While exploring the expansive police station, Leon meets Ada Wong in the parking garage, and they continue exploring together. Meanwhile, Claire finds and rescues a young girl. She tells Claire that her name is Sherry and that she got separated from her parents.

Leon finds that there is a sewer line linking the police station with an Umbrella research facility. What he did not yet realize was that there would be a powerful monster standing in between him and his escape.

Resident Evil 2 Digest 2

In the research facility, Claire ran into Annette, an Umbrella researcher and Sherry's mother.