Episode 30: Lights out

29 of September of 1998

29 of September of 1998. Raccoon City Hospital, Uptown Raccoon City, Raccoon City, United States. 9:50 P.M.

-Who are you?- the man asked to Snake.

-I'm the one making the questions here- Snake said –who are you?-

-Corporal Carlos Oliveira- Carlos said.

-Oliveira, that sounds Portuguese- Snake said.

-I'm from Brazil- Carlos said.

-I see. Are you with Umbrella?- Snake asked.

-I'm just a hired gun, but not anymore from them- Carlos said.

-And why are you here?- Snake asked.

-I have a friend, Jill Valentine, from S.T.A.R.S., who got infected by the T-Virus. I came here for the vaccine- Carlos said.

-I see. Then I guess we are on the same side- Snake said lowering his weapon.

Carlos turned and saw Snake.

-And who are you?- Carlos asked.

-I'm Solid Snake from the FOXHOUND unit, the US government sent me here to investigate the link between the T-Virus outbreak and Umbrella. And this video is the perfect proof of it- Snake said.

He then went to the computer, turned the CODEC at frequency 140.85 and put the transmission.

-Did you heard it Colonel?- Snake asked.

-Loud and clear Snake. That video shows that Umbrella was related to the creation of the T-Virus thus its outbreak in Raccoon City. Snake, copy all the archives on that computer and secure the vaccine. That would be the only chance of survival for the city- Roy Campbell said.

-Got it. And what about Valentine?- Snake said.

-She fought Umbrella at the Mansion and there, her testimony would be very important to for further investigation against Umbrella. Procure her survival; take a small sample of the vaccine so we can produce it on mass later- the Colonel said.

-Understood. Solid Snake out- Snake said finishing the call.

Snake took several memory drives to copy all the archives that were on the computer and then went to Carlos.

-I need a little sample of the vaccine- Snake said.

-All right- Carlos said.

They went to a door in which was fridge with several test tubes and an injection with a liquid purple.

-Is it here?- Carlos said opening the bridge and taking the injection.

-I think so- Snake said taking one of the test tubes that were clean.

-All right, here we go- Carlos said.

Snake opened the test tube and Carlos dropped some drops of the content of the injection.