Episode 21: Unlikely allies

28 of September of 1998

28 of September of 1998. Raccoon City Streets, Uptown Raccoon City, Raccoon City, United States. 9:18 P.M.

Jill ran and managed to reload her handgun and took out also Brad's one. She was being followed by zombies and then she found her road blocked by zombies. Surrounded, tired and hurt, Jill's possibilities to survive were almost null, but, if she was about to die, Valentine would do fighting.

Jill started to fire to the crowds of zombies with her pair of handguns. One, two, three... the zombies nearby her were falling as flies while she was being cornered and walking backwards until bumping into a wall. Brad's gun got out of ammo and she launched it to a zombie and keep firing to the zombies.

A pair of shoots after she was out of ammo and a Crimson Head approached her at high speed. Jill looked to all the places to find an escape and then saw that an emergency staircase of a building was above her. She jumped and grabbed herself to it while kicking the Crimson Head, making it fell to the ground. But the reddish zombie stood up as well that some more came out from the crowds of undead.

-NO!- Jill shouted in despair.

But then several shots hit the Crimson Heads from above, killing them.

-You go up! I'll cover you!- a man shouted from above.

Then a storm of bullets fell into the zombies that were nearby to Jill. The S.T.A.R.S. lady felt very relieved, as well happy to see that there was another survivor. She managed to get over the emergency staircase of the building and after some minutes she was at the top, where she found her savior.

Her savior was a Latino man of 21 years, with a height of 1.82 m (6 ft 0 in). He was wearing military pats with a military vest with a lot of pockets and a black shirt under the vest.

-You OK!?- the man asked Jill.

-I'm fine, thanks- Jill said –that's some good shooting-

-We've gotta get out of here. I know where the evacuation point is- the man said.

-Very good, I was trying to get there- Jill said tacking her guns and reloading them.

-You're not a civilian are? You've got some moves- the man said.

-I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S. The name's Jill Valentine- Jill introduced herself.

-S.T.A.R.S.! No wonder- the man said surprised as the same time glad to have a very competent person at his side that could help him and his team in their mission –so you're pretty elite then-