The Three Days- Part 2

Abhimanyu

*Abhimanyu watches 'Alia' as she walks towards the sunset point...*

"Are you here with someone?" Abhimanyu asks out of the blue.

"No. I'm on a solo trip. You?" She asks.

"Yeah, I'm here with my brothers... Oh look, we're here" he says as they reach the most beautiful place in Goa...

"So you like sunsets, huh?" She asks.

"Who doesn't? It shows that no matter how hard the day is, it ends on a beautiful note" he smiles. "Why, don't you like it?"

xx

Akshara

Beautiful endings. That's a lie. Endings are never beautiful. When something ends, it takes away a part of you with them...

"Why, don't you like it?" She hears him saying.

"Uh, yeah maybe" she says but she knows that the look on her face hasn't convinced him.

"So, what are you planning to do tomorrow?" She tried to change the topic.

"Honestly, I was so bored of this trip that I was planning to sleep in all day...but now..." He gives a shy smile.

"Okay... well, I was planning to rent a bike and visit the local market...do you wanna come?" She asks.

"Yeah... I'd love to..." He smiles.

xx

Abhimanyu

"Bro, where were you all day? We tried looking for you but you just texted that you're touring the place on your own..."
Neil asks as soon as Abhimanyu reaches his room.

"Uhh...I found this really beautiful-- place...so I spent the day there" Abhimanyu says, trying to hide his excitement.

What's something that Neil hates? How can I convince him to let me be on my own tomorrow?

"Uhh Neil, you guys are going for adventure sports tomorrow, right?

I'm thinking to go for shopping..."
Abhimanyu acts like he doesn't know that Neil hates shopping.

"Brooo, you know I hate shopping..." Neil starts ranting.

"Oh ya...I guess then you and Parth should go for the adventure sports...as it is I don't like all those activities and I'll go buy souvenirs for maa and Nishtha"

"Alright Bro" he says and leaves.

xx

Akshara

Should I really spend the next two days with him? I mean he's handsome, agreed, but what if...

Uhh, who am I kidding? He's just looking to pass his time and I'm sure he'll forget me as soon as we part ways.

Yeah, I guess there's no harm in spending time with someone for a day or two, afterall, I'm not gonna meet him again, ever again!

xx

Abhimanyu

*Abhimanyu meets 'Alia' the next morning after breakfast and is mesmerised to see in a white sundress...*

"You didn't have to get all decked up for me, I like you anyway" he grins and teases her.

"Well, there are other guys I need to please" she smirks and teases him back.

*They rent a bike and roam the streets of Goa, visiting the local market.

While Abhimanyu buys souvenirs for his family, Akshara does not buy any.*

"Are you sure you don't want any souvenirs for your family?" Abhimanyu asks as they get on the bike to return from the market.

"I prefer to live in the moment... I don't need any memories of a place after I leave it..."  She smiles.

*Abhimanyu pays attention to how she is adamant on forgetting everything after her trip ends...*

What can I do to change your mind? I hope whatever little time we have with us, I can change your decision to not share phone numbers...

xx

*They reach the beach side where the crowd is in full party mode...

They sit at a bar counter and order their drinks...*

"Ladies and gentlemen, let's play a game..." They hear the host saying.

"Close your eyes and think of the most beautiful memory of your life...in the noise of the crowd, drown into your most beautiful memory" The crowd turns silent as they follow the instructions...

*But as soon as Abhimanyu looks at Akshara, she turns her face away...

He sees a tear rolling down her cheek and she immediately wipes it off*

"Waiter, drinks!" She says out loud, breaking the silence in the room and everybody starts looking in her direction.

*Without caring about any of them, she gulps down her entire drink, followed by another and another*

"Alia, I think--" Abhimanyu tries to stop her.

"Shhhh.... don't. I need it!" She says and silences him.

*After two more rounds, she gets tipsy...
She stands up and moves to the dance floor, swaying in all directions while Abhimanyu runs after her to hold her...

The DJ plays a Bollywood jam and the crowd erupts...

As Abhimanyu holds her, she dances in his grip, moving her body to the rhythm of the song...

Abhimanyu tucks the hair falling on her face behind her ear and looks at her, dancing without a care in the world.

After a few minutes, she loses consciousness and falls in his arms...

He carries her out of the bar and after thinking for several minutes, he decides to take her to his room...

xx

Abhimanyu places her on his bed and removes her sandals.

Suddenly, he hears her murmuring "Mumma....papa..." and then she doses off...

Abhimanyu covers her with the sheet and sits on the couch and watches her sleep...

For the first time in many years, he actually feels connected to someone...

I know nothing about you... I don't even know your name...

But then why do you feel so familiar? Why did it hurt so much when I couldn't wipe that tear off your face...

Why does the lost look in your eyes makes me want to help you find your way back...

Why does the thought of not seeing you after these 3 days hurt too much?

Author's Note: Hi guys, as always, do share your feedback and let me know if you're liking the story...