A Backstory

Abhimanyu

*New Delhi 

One week later*

"Get out, just get out of my head" Abhimanyu screams as he lies in a hotel room at night...

He had reached Delhi this morning after a suffocating week dealing with everything that had happened...

The night he had confronted Akshara and Sneha, he had switched off his phone...

And for the entire next day, he had locked himself up in his room... 

Manjari had by then been told what had happened by Sneha and she had tried to console him...

But he stayed alone all day...

The next day, when he switched on his phone, there were thousands of messages that had flooded his WhatsApp...

And as expected, both the girls had tried hard to contact him but he ignored their messages...

It was very hard for him to ignore Akshara who was waiting for him at the hospital, her puffy eyes proving that she hadn't slept for a minute in the past two nights...

But Abhimanyu knew he just couldn't forget or forgive what she had done... 

He reached home that night only to find Sneha hugging Manjari and crying...

But then again, he was too hurt to focus on her...

A few more days passed in a similar fashion but yesterday, everything got messed up for the worst. 

The volunteers at the NGO reached the end of their contract and as promised, the top three volunteers were given an internship at Birla Hospital. 

But when Akshara's name did not make it to the top 3 list, Abhimanyu's life came crashing down...

Abhimanyu's father, as expected, didn't want Akshara anywhere close to Abhimanyu or the Birla Hospital...

But since even he couldn't deny that Akshara had been an excellent volunteer, he gave Akshara an internship offer for the Birla Hospital branch in Pune. 

Abhimanyu's emotions were haywire...

On one hand, he wanted to fight against his father...

But on the other hand, he didn't know if he should fight for her at all...

He wanted to run to her, ask her if she's taking the offer, to tell her to stay in Udaipur but he just couldn't do it. 

And on top of it, he had to take a flight to Delhi to attend a medical conference where he had been invited as a panelist...

Now, the night before the conference, as he lies in his bed, he just cannot get Akshara's thoughts of his head...

He keeps wondering if she has already left Udaipur... or what she's planning to do...

xx

After the first day of the conference, as Abhimanyu is going out of the venue, a staff member comes to him "Excuse me sir, Dr. Tripathi is looking for you...he asked me to request you to come to Conference Room C" 

*Abhimanyu nods and walks to the said room to meet his fellow panelist...

But as he enters, he finds the room to be pitch dark...

Just as he is about to walk out, the door immediately shuts and the lights get turned on...

And there in front of him stands Akshara, looking completely determined...*