Os: What If?

Just a short story 😅
What If Aryan and Imlie have met in different circumstances?
What If they had a bit of different personality that the have right now??
This story takes you to a different world where they meet at a different place with a total different scenario..

The story starts with everyone including that Rathores, Tripathis along with Satyakam and Meethi applauding
and having a gala time at the 5th anniversary party of Aryan and Imlie. The reason of applause?? Well it was the wonderful hosting done by Arpita and Arvind (he's not dead here, and also he has a successful  business of his own).

Imlie and Aryan were made to sit on chairs facing each other, both of them had a tab on their hand and all they have to do is answer by writing it on the tab, to the questions being asked by their di and jiju.

It was a game like who knows the other one better!..and till now the score was equal..until next question comes..and it was Arvind who asked, "what's that one thing that you don't like in your partner? And this doesn't ends here..both of you have to tell other person's answer and whoever guessed it right wins this game."

Aryan wrote something and then thought for a moment and said jokingly, "Jiju wait for your anniversary to come, I'll specially frame questions on my own. Kya marva rhe ho jiju"
Imlie replied instead of Arvind, "Now I'm seriously thinking what have you written as a answer." Making everyone laugh.

So when both of them were done writing their answers, now came the turn of guessing round, it was Aryan's turn at first , "Ahh it's easy..very easy my habit of drinking black coffee, I'm very addicted to it." He completed while giving a wide smile to Imlie.
Imlie said while being a bit unsure, "well may be my made up songs ?? I guess that's the thing that irritates him the most. No?" And obviously the answer was correct making them stand on same ground again.

So as a bonus question Arpita asked them, "what was the name that you guyz jokingly gave to each other at your first meet?"

This question took the couple around 7 years down the memory lane to the ghat of Kashi (Varanasi,UP) , that have always attracted a lot of tourists, The place had so many temples and the crowd and love of devotees over there is a vision to behold. The stair cases on the banks of Ganga Ghat have witnessed almost every emotion that are know to exist in humans.

The city that is unquestionably flawless, may be because it still has the essence of its founder (as per hindu mythology) Lord Shiva. Every Ghat speaks of its own story, their look itself sings about the dignity it holds.

If someone visits Kashi or even reads about it, that person  is bound to fall in love with this place. Same thing happened to Imlie and Aryan.

Imlie, a journalist, who loves to write about the aesthetically stunning places (that she calls it) all around the India.
She's one of those people who were die hard fans of their country, she treasured each and every story related to any type of architecture that stands tall till date as a mark of India's Glorious history as well as mythical tales. This time she chose Kashi and its ghats to play the lead in her article.

Aryan, of the most famous business tycoons in India but with a secret love for traveling and exploring. Every year he took some time for only himself and he would go to places all around the world..and in its cover spending some time with himself.

It was month of November, and these two souls from two different parts of Delhi, begin there solo trip to The city of lights (literary meaning) , unaware to the existence of each other's presence in that city, unaware about their encounter in upcoming future, unaware of the journey that would kick start from this trip that was meant to be a solo one. They were unaware of what the almighty had for them in box.

Imlie was sitting on stair of one the ghat clicking and capturing pictures of the never ending ghats that seems to end at the doorsteps of heaven. Truly a visual that she would remember all her life. She had reached Kashi by 3:00 pm and after some rest she came directly at ghat at exactly 5:00 pm to secure her place  to witness the glorious GANGA ARTI, that would start by 6pm.

As the time of Arti neared the crowd started to gather..It is a grand extravaganza as pundits (the saints) of all age groups draped in silk type material robes in saffron (Gamchha in hindi) were present their to offer an Aarti with huge golden looking brass lamps to Maa Ganga.

What a grand and royal Arti it was, Imlie could feel the shiver ran through her body when the chants begin.
Aryan was a bit late to reach ghat so he watched from back, and when the Arti got over, the crowd started to disperse causing him to almost trip from one stair but he managed to stable himself, in that hustle bustle Imlie also got pushed as she moved towards the exit of ghat, when she was at the top of stair case a slight push  made her phone fall from her hands, she immediately bend down to pick it up but here came another hand with a Jacob& co. watch wrapped around wrist, the hand veins that were clearly visible on that beige complexion, Imlie's eyes moved up to the face the owner of that hand and saw Aryan Singh Rathore, yes she knew that guy..she's a journalist after all.
"Take care of your iPhone girl.." said the man with a smile. Imlie responded with a genuine smile and said, "Thanks Mr. Rathore"
Aryan was not surprised, as most of the time people recognises him but still he asked, " You know me?" While getting up and also offered a helping hand to Imlie as well.
To which Imlie replied, "well almost every Asian does!" While accepting his help and finally getting up.

She thanked him once again and before she she could further say anything, Aryan got a phone call and he picked it up, gesturing her to wait for a moment. It didn't took him a lot of time to complete his conversation and he got back to her apologising that he had to take that call. Basically Aryan was quite happy with the way Imlie behaved with him, as most of the time either people get nervous or try to get way to friendly and buttery.

A boat ride was about to start,so He asked hesitantly, " If you don't mind me asking,Would you like to join me their?" Imlie replied with a wide smile on her face, "alright that sounds fun."

As Aryan went towards the boat Imlie's phone agian dropped and she bend down to pick it and start checking whether it was ok or not, when Aryan reached the boat he turned and saw Imlie checking over her phone and called her out, "what's the matter iphone girl?? Dropped it again? God bless your phone."

iphone girl? Seriously oh yeah i still haven't told him my name..she thoughts to herself while getting up.

"Don't you think we need a proper intro?? Jacob boy (referring to his watch)." Imlie replied while moving towards him.

Aryan replied laughing, "ohh well yess, Hi, I'm Aryan Singh Rathore." In a full dramatic way along with offering his hand for a shake, and a wink.
Imlie took it and answered with a giggle and playing along taking his hand, "Hi, My name is Imlie."

A chuckle escaped from their lips while both of them got seated on the boat that took them for a ride over dark water, as it seems because of the night, with many diyas floating over it as if starts on a night sky.

The boat left the ghat and surpassed these enumerating dots with a continuous sound of laughter.
This was it..the kick start of a new beginning, and the trip no more remained the solo one..

Both of them cherished that memory and wrote down their respective answers and when guessing time came the replied with ..Jacob boy and iPhone girl..
while giving each other the same wide smile that they had on their faces while entering the boat...