Morning with the sunrise 🤍

I woke up expecting to see the sun shining through the windows but it was still dark out. I yawn, rolling over to grab my phone from my nightstand.

The time reads 5:00 AM and I groan, setting my phone back down.

I sigh, not wanting to be awake this early but knowing there was no way I could fall back asleep .

I feel two arms wrap around my waist and pull me backwards.

"Morning princess." The sleepy voice of JJ mumbles into the crook of my neck. I smile remembering that he had stayed the night at my house instead of going home.

"Morning." I kept my voice quiet, not wanting to wake my mother up. God only knows how furious she would be if she knew JJ had stayed over again without her knowing.

"What time is it?" He kisses my shoulder. I turn myself around to face him, smiling at his sleepy face and bed hair.

"Five AM." I answer. He opens his eyes slowly before smiling. "What's got you in such a good mood?" I question, a smile now taking over my face.

"Your really pretty." He whispers, his eyes bouncing over every detail on my face.

I could tell he was still half asleep, it's not normal for JJ to be up anytime before noon. I swear to god this boy would he nocturnal if it wasn't for me.

I brush a few stray hairs off his forehead and start playing with his hair. His eyes close again and he sighs.

"That feels nice."

"You're not gonna like this, but I've gotta get out of bed." I whisper. His eyes open again and his grip on my waist tightens as he pulls me closer to him.

"You're not allowed to leave. I am forbidding it." Our noses were practically touching from how close he was holding me. I was trying so hard to keep my giggle from escaping my lips.

"Fine, I'll stay." It didn't take much for me to want to stay here. Although I really wanted to get out of bed since I'm not tired anymore. He loosens his grip a little and begins tracing circles on the bare skin of my back.

"What time does the sun rise?" He asks. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Uhh, around 5:30 ish maybe. I'm not sure, why?" I don't usually keep track of when the sun rises so it was just a guess. I'm probably way off.

"I want to watch the sunrise with you." He whispers. My heart does some weird flippy shit. He may not be the most experienced in relationships but he puts in the most effort and I love him for it.

He is constantly wanting to do things together like wearing matching hoodies, going out for lunch, or attempting to do my hair. I've only ever been in a relationship with a guy who didn't treat me right, so getting to experience all the things a relationship should be feels amazing. Especially when It's JJ I get to experience it with.

JJ and I eventually get out of bed and dress for the day. I throw on one of his shirts that he had left in my room from previous times he stayed over and we climb out my window.

He holds my hand on the walk down to the doc at the back of my house.

The darkness in the sky is slowly starting to fade, the sun barely poking out above the ocean line. The sky that was once pitch black is not bursting with beautiful colours.

"Do you ever think about what it would be like to be a bird?" JJ blurts as we watch the orange sky light up everything around us.

I tilt my head to process what he just said. "I mean I guess it would be cool to be able to fly, but I haven't really thought about being a bird before." I giggled.

"I want to be a parrot because they can talk." He says. "I think I'd just spend my time messing with people until they think they are going crazy." He laughs at the thought. "Could you imagine just sitting in a tree and yelling random things at people who walk by?"

A burst of giggles rushes passed my lips and JJ smiles.

"I'd want to be a hummingbird." I say with a sigh.

"A hummingbird?" JJ asks, his head tilted with curiosity. "Why?"

"Because they're tiny and cute and they look so cool when they're flying." I explain with a shrug.

A shiver runs down my spine as a slight gust of wind blows passed us. JJ pulls me onto his lap and wraps his arms around me. I lean back into his chest and sigh in contentment.

"Want my hoodie?" He asks as he rests his chin on the top of my head.

"No, it's okay. Just keep hugging me." I say. He lets out a breathily laugh and kisses the top of my head, holding me a little tighter.

"I love you." He whispers.

"I love you more." I tilt my head back so I'm looking up at him and he leans his head down, placing a kiss on my lips.

"It's not possible for you to love me more." He argues and I scoff.

We have played the I love you more game for so long, I don't think either of us is going to win.

"It would be easier if you'd just agree with me." I shrug and he laughs.

"Well that would just be boring wouldn't it?" He asks, taking out his phone from his pocket and holding it in front of us. "Say cheese." He brings out the camera app and takes a picture of us.

Him with his chin rested on my head while looking down at me with a smile, and I have my eyes crossed with my tongue out making a weird face. "Definitely setting that as my wallpaper." He laughs, going to the settings app to change his wallpaper.

Y'all I am so sorry for not uploading in a while. I feel so bad because I know so many of you who have told me that reading this book is what makes your day better. I'll try to update more often but I'm sorta running out of ideas for writing. I recently got prescribed medication for my anxiety and depression so I have been trying to regulate my sleep schedule since the side effects messed me up a little bit. But I swear I'm trying!!