Chapter 11

"I'm pregnant." Jane spoke out loud.

She glanced down at the rectangular object in her hand and placed it next to the two on the counter which have yet to yield their results. She nervously tapped her fingers while she waited. TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK. She drummed her fingers so hard against the surface they started to hurt. TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK. Inevitably, she got her answers. She purchased three different brands to be sure but they all displayed the same results. One even spelled out PREGNANT in bold letters.

"Fuck my life!" She yelled while dumping the tests in a plastic bag, no longer wanting to see them. She tossed the bag with the rest of the trash, left the bathroom, and paced in her now empty bedroom. The movers arrived early that morning to load all their belongings in a truck. She and her parents were leaving for the airport soon to go to their new home.

She recalled the times she spent with Jungkook and knew for certain that he never used a condom while with her. Did he assume she was on the pill because he never mentioned it? Then again, given the drug she secretly gave him, it probably never entered his mind. She was usually more careful than this and she was disappointed in herself for forgetting to take her birth control pills. She was so focused on her plan to destroy his relationship with Y/N that she wasn't thinking straight.

"Stupid stupid stupid idiot!" She cursed herself. Jane wanted to throw something in anger but she couldn't since her room was now empty of everything. What the hell was she going to do now? The last thing she wanted was a baby and especially not like this!

"Jane, sweetheart, it's time to go!" Her mom called from downstairs. "Our taxi is here."

"I'm coming mom!" Jane yelled back. She unlocked her phone and quickly sent a text:

Seb, I need your help with something...

end FLASHBACK

"Funny how things are completely different now." Jane muttered to herself and chuckled.

For the past couple of weeks, she hasn't talked to Y/N much. They barely texted since Y/N started her job. She was annoyed by it especially since she was the one who encouraged Y/N to return to work in the first place. She wanted Y/N kept busy but not this busy. She began to think that Y/N has been purposely ignoring her ever since she slept with Jungkook. Perhaps Y/N isn't dealing with it as well as she thought she would. And Jungkook's hatred for her grew even more, despite how many times they did it. Jane thought he would have thawed towards her but that didn't happen.

Jane tried not to think about the night she saw them making love, but she couldn't get it out of her head. It didn't help that she recorded it in case it become useful to her one day. Having the recording was a blessing and a curse. Jane was drawn to it like a magnet. She watched it while in bed, touching herself and imagining herself in it instead. As much as she hated what they did, she was also massively turned on by it. She picked up the call when it came through. She half expected her text to be ignored so she was surprised that Y/N returned the call almost immediately. She took a few stabilizing breaths to get herself in check before speaking.

"Y/N? I have the news you've been waiting for." She said without preamble.

"It's good I hope?" Y/N said softly, as if she was afraid to say it out loud.

"I'm so sorry Y/N." She paused for dramatic effect. "I got my period today. I feel terrible for you." She lied expertly, her voice conveying fake regret yet her eyes remaining cold as steel.

"Oh." Y/N replied after a short pause. "That's not what I hoped for. I'm disappointed but what can we do right?" She exchanged glances with Jungkook whose face was unreadable.