28. baby

*AN please read! I will be away from April 30th-May 11th. I will not be doing any writing or updating during that time unless I happen to have prewritten chapters ready to go. It's my vacation and I want to focus on being away for that time.

I wanted to let you guys know in advanced so you are all aware! Thanks :)

****

Avie moaned in her sleep as she woke the next morning.

Her body felt stiff and sore from the uncomfortable sleeping position. As she opened her eyes, she noticed she was still in JJ's arms, tucked between him and the couch.

She lifted her head and looked at her lower half, seeing that she was only in a shirt after their intimacy on the couch.

"Mommy?"

"Shit!" Avie quickly pulled a pillow over her lower half as she sat up on the couch.

River giggled, "Hi, Mommy."

Avie sighed, "Hi, baby."

"You and Daddy never came to bed last night." River approached the couch and played with a ripped seam on the edge of the cushion.

"I know, I'm sorry." Avie told her daughter, feeling bad since River always slept with either her father or now recently her mother. "We got super sleepy and fell asleep on the couch."

"Oh," River looked down then furrowed her eyebrows. She leaned down and picked up a pair of shorts, "Are these yours, Mommy?"

"Gimme those." Avie smiled and snatched the shorts from her daughter's hands.

River giggled then poked JJ's cheek, "Skye was cryin'."

"Crap," Avie whispered and stood up before quickly sliding her shorts on.

"But I goed in his cot and rubbed his back. He sleepin' now." River played with JJ's messy hair before poking his eye.

Avie smiled softly at her daughter who grew distracted, clearly eager to get any sort of attention from her father. While River loved attention from anybody, JJ's was different. It was as if they had some sort of unspoken connection or bond that was unbreakable, unlike any other in this world.

JJ knew it and he soaked it all up. It surely fed his ego but he also just loved that his little girl loved him unconditionally and would always choose him no matter what. He could not explain it but he felt that connection, too.

Avie took this moment to head to her little boy in the bedroom.

JJ's eyebrows knitted together as he flinched from the poke. He squinted his eyes open to see River staring down at him.

"Mornin', Daddy."

"Oh, Riv. Wassup, girl?" He smiled as he closed his eyes again and stretched his arms out. He opened his eyes as he sat up then looked around, "Where's Mommy?"

River glanced at the bedroom door, "I think she's gettin' baby Skye."

He nodded then looked down at his shirt as he remembered last night. He noticed the stain from the way Avie moved her body against his stomach. He loved it just as much as she did.

He remembered that she was his again.

Well, she kind of always was but now it was official. It was mutual between them.

JJ felt a wave of excitement rush over his body as he thought of all the things that they could do together and their entire future.

Avie walked back out of the bedroom, holding Skye against her chest as he nursed. She sighed and sat on the couch.