Chapter 12

Our new apartment was finally ready and we'd been moving our stuff all weekend long. It's a good thing I had Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday off because I've been busy preparing the house. It's a breath of fresh air to have our own space. To be away from Dom. He hasn't spoken a word to me since our tense moment in the kitchen the other night, but that's only driven me even more crazy. I'd finally bought myself a pair of sweats and I was using them now, as I pushed boxes around, and reordered the furniture. The apartment came mostly furnished, but I was making it my own. 

The way the place looked was somewhat like Dom's apartment only without the second floor. You entered the door, not the elevator, and you were in the large living room with a skyline view window, which flooded the room with natural light. The kitchen and dining area was in a similar location to Dom's place only a scale smaller. Our two bedrooms were on opposite ends of the apartment which I kind of liked. If he brings girls home I don't wanna know about it. 

My room was just off the living room and his room was after the dining area. The color palette used throughout most of this place is all clean and neutral, but it gave me room to mix and match patterns and accent pieces to make it more colorful and aesthetically pleasing.

 Cream sofa, white candles, and pink flowers, etc.

        My bedroom was painted a mushroom almost purplish-gray color which I liked. I bought new bedding to fit the queen size bed I now have. I had the peony pink duvet and my night stand was dark colored which contrasted nicely against everything else. I had an area rug with white and beige like tones almost the same mushroom color as the walls set in a pattern print. There were two doors. My bathroom and my closet. It was a walk in closet which is perfect for all my clothes, shoes, bags, and accessories. 

I had purchased a back light mirror for my personal bathroom which made the counter space feel more like a vanity. Everything was perfect. 

I had a hanging designer light in the middle of the room, and on the nightstand, which made the space trendy. I spent days setting everything in their place. It was everything I brought from LA, and all the kitchen and dining stuff from Elio's old apartment. Some of his living room stuff too, which was why I was moving things around to make it all work.

I love my off white sweats with my soft baby tank and long open knit cardigan sweater. It's cozy as heck. I was casual and relaxed and alone. We were only a few floors down from Dom, but he could be a million miles away if I wanted to pretend he was, because I wasn't planning on seeing him any time soon. 

        Since this building is very secure, not just anyone can come up to our floor. I got a call from downstairs that I received a delivery, which was waiting for me at the front desk. I told them I would be right there, and threw some shoes on to take the elevator down. I was surprised when there was a vase of gorgeous flowers waiting for me. Roses and sunflowers with bits of purple lavender in between. So beautiful. I didn't read the card until I got back upstairs. Something fluttered in my gut when I read the message. 

"Welcome to the building - D. De Luca." I know it's meant for both my brother and I, but still it made my insides flutter like a rapture of butterflies. Damn him. I tucked the card away, but put the flowers on the living room table to brighten the space. I fought the smile forming on my lips. Why did he send this?

-

        Later on in the day when I got a text message from an unknown number my heart skipped a beat. Is it him? All the message said was, *Unknown: New York suits you.* I wasn't sure what to say back, so I hesitated for a few minutes trying to think of something to say. *Me: I think so too.* Was a bit lame, but it's all I could think of. He didn't confirm it was him, but who else would it be? *Unknown: You aren't going to ask who this is?* The same unknown number responded moments later. I paused and wasn't sure if this was him playing with me, or if this was really someone else.