Chapter 68

My first day experiencing New York Fashion Week turned out to be very fruitful. I met freaking Donatella Versace herself at the Versace runway, and again at an after gathering Vogue was hosting. I was in an electric orange two-piece long skirt and plunging neckline top, with blue heels that popped. Donatella leaned over to me at the after party and said she liked my outfit. I gasped and she cracked up laughing. Somehow from that we had a conversation between her, myself, and a male Vogue representative I wasn't familiar with. How crazy is that?! 

The fashion show had gone beautifully. Every show always has their own vibe depending on the brand and creative designer responsible. This show had a marble flooring entrance where the models emerged, and from there they walked a half square. I was still riding this high on my ride home from the after party. It was late. I knew I needed to crawl into bed to do this all again tomorrow. 

        When the car dropped me off in front of my building, I thanked the man and stepped out, holding my skirt so the hem wouldn't catch on my heel. I waved to the doorman who's familiar with me and this being my place of residence. If you don't live here you have to be on someone's list to enter, and if you don't have that, you can't even get into the building at all. "Secure," as my brother had called it. And "safe," but I didn't know why I needed that at the time.

         My heels echoed in the quiet lobby at these hours. Just as I reached the elevators one pinged open. My heart dropped when I realized it was the penthouse private elevator. Shit. How can this be a coincidence?! When I saw Domani De Luca step out with a determined expression I realized it wasn't a coincidence at all. He knew I just walked in this building, whether it's because he had his goons watching for me outside, or he told the front desk to alert him upon my arrival. 

Either way he was here right in front of me in the relaxed version of his suit. He didn't look very relaxed. I could see his tattooed forearms exposed and the hard lines of his angry expression. "Don't," was all I said, holding a hand up to gesture for him to stop where he was. He ignored that. 

        Before my elevator could open, Dom pinned me against the wall where the call buttons are. His hands were placed flat against the surface on either side of me. He leaned his head down enough for him to really look at my face, but speak low enough not to cause a scene. "You think you can ignore me?" His voice was almost venomous. "I know Sophia explained to you why I don't wanna talk. I'm tired, Dom. I gotta go." I tried going underneath his arm to break free from how he'd caged me in. He bent his elbow down to block me from leaving. 

I huffed in frustration and looked up at him. "What?!" I said with more attitude than I think I've ever given him. I saw sparks fly behind his eyes. Fire was lit where he glared down at me with that tight jaw. He grabbed me and pulled me right into the private elevator. 

I gasped, "Dom! Stop," I tried to walk out. Nope. He pinned me against the wall again. "You aren't going anywhere until I decide you can fucking walk away from me," he practically snarled in my face. I flinched back. How is he the one that's mad?!  

        When the elevator reached the penthouse I refused to get out, which made him pick me up and walk me into his apartment. "Are you serious?!" I was perplexed. My breast almost fell out of my shirt for being picked up so suddenly, then placed down again inside the foyer. "Are you fucking serious?! I called and texted you how many times, Mia?" Domani De Luca looked mad, very mad. His shoulders were broad and his chest was pushed forward with his anger. 

His eyes were like blue fire on me. His jaw was sharp and tightly clenching to restrain himself. "I'm upset," was all I could think to say. He took a step closer to me and I took one back. For now we're in the middle of the foyer, but I won't let him cage me in.