9. No Matter What..

Let me take a minute to explain to you. All this time you've been in my corner like a trainer. Now you down, think it's time that I return the favor. As long as we got each other, what's there to be afraid of?

Cause I'ma ride witcha no matter what. And if the car ran out of gas break out the chucks. Then we can walk it out, walk it out. Real bitches know what I'm talking about.

And I will never leave you, in times like these. Is when you need most love, in times like these. And I will be your shoulder, in times like these. I do what I gotta do, in times like these. Times like these, when you need the most love, in times like these.

When I say what I tell ya, you know I really mean it. Nothin' or nobody ever gonna come between. Yeah, cause you're my nigga, finger on the trigger. And if some shit's about to go down, know I'm goin' out witcha...

:

Afia

His arm was wrapped around my waist and my arm was wrapped around his as we stood in the mirror brushing our teeth together. He was really quiet which is to be expected. I laid my head against his shoulder and looked up at him.

"Are you scared?"

He shrugged and continued brushing his teeth, I know he is, hell  I'm scared and it's not even me. He pulled me closer to him and took my toothbrush from out of my mouth. I snatched it back and he smiled before rinsing his mouth out.

"Elijah"

"Afia"

"Are you nervous?"

"Yes"

"I'm going to kiss your face before you go in, so be prepared"

"At least I'll be able to take your kisses in the operating room"

I poked my lips out and made the ugliest face and wrapped both of my arms around him and hugged him tight. He placed his chin on top of my head and just stared at me through  the mirror. I don't wanna let go..

"I love you ugly"

He licked his hand and wiped it on my face making me cringe, I tried to wipe it off but he held my hands.  "I love you too slober face"

"You're disgusting, you know that?"

He nodded and lifted his hands to touch my hair, it was everywhere. He gathered my hair into his hand, fixing it by using his other hand as a comb.  I watch him through the mirror as he grabbed a hair tie and put my hair into a ponytail. He smoothed it out and tucked the end into a bun before handing me a blue headband.

"Wear your hair like this, for me"

"Okay"

It was like a messy bun, I'm gonna wear it like this too. Once I finished brushing my teeth Elijah pulled my hand, leading me out of the bathroom. "I wanna show you something"

When we got back into my room he picked up a little box and showed it to me.

"Am I supposed to open it?"

"Only if something happens to me today.."

"Nothing is going to happen Elijah"

"You never know, but incase it does I want you to read what's inside"

"And when you wake up, of which you will.. can I still read it?"

"I don't know. Maybe one day"

"Okay" I said it in an unsure tone because that's weird. Why can I only read it if something happens, like why can't I just read it anyway? Nothing is gonna happen..