36. Blessings..

Afia

Today was one of the best days I've had in a while, my baby shower was beautiful thanks to both of my families. The cake was absolutely amazing and the decor was too. There was a ton of people which made me emotional, family members I haven't seen since I was young came to congratulate me on my baby boy. It wasn't even about what anyone brought, the fact that they showed up and actually showed that they were genuinely happy was enough for me. We definitely received way more than we expected which was overwhelming for both me and Elijah. It was so hard for me to accept every gift just because it seemed like too much. My brothers went above and beyond for my son, they probably got more than anyone. That was the one thing that actually made me cry just because I love how much they support me. My biggest fear when I first found out about my pregnancy was not having their support one hundred percent. Yes they would have accepted it but I wanted them to be proud of me even though I may have disappointed them in more ways than one..

Anthony came up to me and hugged me tightly and kissed my cheek, one thing I'm thankful for is my family. I'm blessed to say I'll never have to want or need for anything. I don't think they know how much I appreciate them for everything.

"I'm proud of you, I still can't believe my little baby is having a baby but I know you're gonna be a great mom. Keep going in the direction you're going, go back to school and chase the education you always talked to me about. If you need me to watch the baby for any reason you know I got you. I'll lose sleep to help you achieve your goals, don't ever think you can't do something. You can do anything you put your mind to Afia"

I nodded and hugged him back tighter, everything he said touched my heart. I stopped going to school because of being put on bed rest. But I dropped out of school when I was twelve weeks pregnant. I had a lot going on with my emotional and physical well-being, I didn't feel as though school was something I wanted anymore. I truly regret dropping out just because I could have been done around this time. That really hurt my brothers because they wanted me to stay in college and make something of myself. My brothers are very hard on me about a lot and they weren't pleasant when they found out. The only thing that kept them from truly letting me have it was Kody and his well-being.. that's it. I felt that I had hurt them and disappointed them after that. You can tell when you've let someone down, just by the look on their eyes when they see you.

"That means so much to me.."

"As it should, you're blessed. I hope you know we're all happy for you and Elijah"

"Thank you Anthony, I love you"

"I love you too"

:

Elijah handed me the last bag but not before smiling like an idiot, I looked inside and shook my head at what made him smile so big. Baby sneakers, a whole gift bag full of little shoe boxes. I took the first little box out and held up the little shoes that were inside. Ashton bought these, I know that for a fact.

"These are cute, thank you"

"You're welcome, my nephew has to be fly so there's more to come"

"Don't go too crazy"

I won't even know what to do with his sneakers once he can't fit them anymore.  Anthony went all out with diapers and wipes, my son will be good for a while thanks to him. Pretty much everyone brought essentials which is what I asked for. I didnt want anyone going out of there way buying anything too expensive. I still received things that were a bit pricey in my opinion. I just didn't want anyone spending over a certain amount of money on me. I don't know why it's just how I am, however I'm so thankful for everyone. My mom, dad, my brothers and Elijah especially. They probably spent the most, I the car seat and stroller I wanted was close to four hundred dollars and Elijah brought it no questions asked. He spent weeks and a good amount on the nursery, but that was all him. He loved every bit of that especially since he made a lot of the furniture. And he did a great job, it's literally made for a prince.