10. Four Letter Word..

Afia

I slipped my jeans on and stood in the mirror to check my outfit, Elijah wants to get out of the house already. Its only been one day since his surgery and he wants to go out somewhere. So we're gonna take a walk and talk, nothing else we can really do right now.

"You look pretty Fi"

"Thank you" I took a picture in my mirror before I turned around to face Elijah. "Come take a picture with me"

He came up behind me and put his chin on my shoulder and stuck his tongue out. I swear he does stuff just because, I looked at him with a blank face.

"Put your tongue back in"

"That's what she said.."

"Grow up Elijah"

He laughed and cooperated so we could take a cute picture together. After that he walked away, I dislike his non picture taking ass. He'll take one and then refuse anymore, knowing something is always wrong with the picture. I have to take a least four just so I can look at them all and say I hate all three. Which is why he only cooperates one time, then I have no choice but to like it.

"Can you help me put my shirt on and then my socks and shoes?"

"Yeah"

He's legit afraid to bend because he doesn't like the pressure it outs on his incision. Last night he made me cut the light on and check it several times because he swore he lost a stitch every hour. I didn't get much sleep to say the least, he got on my nerves so bad I almost pushed him off the bed.

I grabbed his shirt and started with his left arm and pulled the shirt over his head so he could lift and put his right arm through easily. I got down on one knee and started to put his sock on but he had to crack jokes.

"You're proposing with a sock?" He turned his face up and looked at me.

"Well yeah I can't afford a ring.. I figured something was better than nothing"

"I'm not even worth a diamond ring just a plain old sock. How disgraceful, mother will be so disappointed"

He flipped his imaginary hair and crossed his arms. All while trying to keep a straight face. When he said that I lost it, we're so childish. Only we would think to go back and fourth the way we just did. We make fun out of anything we do which is why we've been friends so long. We both love to be happy and laugh, when we're not being mean assholes of course.

I stood up and handed him his black ceramic chronograph, Ralph Lauren watch. He has several watches and to him it's a must to wear one with almost every outfit.

"How much did you pay for that watch?"

He looked at it and shrugged. "I don't remember"

"You and Ashton are so much alike it's sickening"

"How so?"

"Y'all both have a Ralph Lauren addiction and every time I ask how much something was I get the same response from both you and him. I don't remember.."

"Nah, I won't say I'm addicted to shopping there I just like certain things. They have these sneakers I wanna get though, we should stop there one day"

"No thanks, I don't go into places that are out of my price range. I went with Ashton before I just can't see paying over five hundred dollars for one thing"

"But Ashton bought you a handbag for your birthday. Was it too expensive then?"

"Hell yeah! I tried to give it back but you know my brothers. What they say goes"