27. Four Months.

Ashton

I sat Hayden on my lap and tried my best to show him how to blow bubbles. I dipped the wand into the liquid, pulled it out and began to blow the bubbles everywhere. He clapped his hands together and tried to catch them as they flew away. Once it was his turn he blew and blew but the bubbles just wouldn't come out. And of course that aggravated him because he wanted to do it by himself.

"Here try again"

I helped him once again but this time I blew the bubbles without him knowing. Which happened to be while he was blowing and looking somewhere else at the same time.

"Yay! You blew the bubbles"

He smiled big and got up and tried to chase the bubbles, I shook my head and laughed. I love the kids, but I love sending them back to their parents more. I'm not a father type of person it seems like a lot of responsibility, of which I'm not ready for.

Tee tapped my shoulder smiling holding my cousins newborn daughter. I gave her an uninterested look as she looked from me to the baby.

"Ash... she's so cute, I want one"

"Well I don't"

"Why? Look at her she's so tiny and cute.. I want to be a mommy"

"Right.."

"Ugh, you're so aggravating"

She rubbed the baby's hair and continued to stare at her, but I could tell she was upset. I don't mean to upset her or make her feel as if I don't care about what she wants. But that's not gonna happen, not now anyway.

"Where's Fi? Is she coming to the cookout?"

I shrugged she hasn't picked up her phone all day, I told her to stop by last night. Because if not our grandma will be pissed, this is the last cookout of the summer. And she's expecting everyone to stop by and have a nice time.

"She said she wasn't coming last night, but I told her to come through anyway"

"Mrs Bell is gonna be mad if she doesn't.. you want me to call her?"

"I know she is, but obviously Fi doesn't care. You can try she might not answer"

She handed me the baby and I held her away from me. I don't know how to hold a baby and she's so little. I might break her, I gently swayed the baby and smiled a little. Hoping her mom would come get her, she's cute and all but I just don't feel right holding this tiny baby.
"Fi?"

"Yes?"

"Are you coming to the cookout?"

"No"

"Why, is everything okay?"

"Are you with my brother?"

"Um.." She looked at me and started to get up but I shook my head and motioned for her to sit back down. No secrets over this way, if there's something I shouldn't know I wanna know. "Yeah"

"Am I on speaker?"

Before Tee could speak I answered for her, what the hell is the questions for? Why can't I be around for my sister to say whatever it is she has to say?

"Yes you are, now what do you wanna tell us?"

"Nothing, bye"

"Don't hang up this phone and I'm not playing Afia!"

"Can I just.. can I talk to Tee.. only her not you?"

"No, I'm your brother you can tell me anything"