18. Secrets, Lies and Drugs.

Afia

I dropped my books into the passenger seat of my mom's car and held my temples. School is stressing me out so bad I come home with a headache each day. I didn't think changing my major would be this stressful. It's harder than I thought and right about now I'm unsure if this is what I want anymore. I should've just stuck with culinary because majoring in a health career is a ton of work.

I checked my phone to find messages from my mom wanting to talk. This is my third week of school and I've been using my mom's car as usual. I wish I would have taken Ashton up on the offer to get a car. But I pissed him off when I got back from my vacation and he said he wouldn't help me anymore. We got into a huge argument and now I'm not really talking to him..

With a deep sigh and a silent I started the car and made my way to my mom's house. If anything I think she'd be able to help me in this situation because I'm slowly losing sanity. Halfway to her house I cut the radio off because the noise was irritating. It wasn't making my headache any better, instead the song made me feel worse. Music has a way of making me feel both sad and happy. But right now any type of song drags my mood down even lower than it already is.

:

When I pulled up outside of my mom's house she was sitting on the porch talking to Ashton. I parked the car, grabbed my things and got out. Ashton spoke to me but instead of saying hi I rolled my eyes and kept the frown on my face.

"The fuck is wrong with you?"

"Shut your face ugly"

He looked at our mom shocked but I don't care, he's on my shit list because of our fallout. He might be over it but I'm not.

"Mom.. did you just hear what she called me? I didn't even do anything?"

"Oh leave her alone, Afia fix your face. What's wrong?"

"I wanna quit school already.."

"The hell if you do! Where's my belt, pops bring the belt, the good sturdy one!"

I reached out and tried to slap Ashton but my mom grabbed my hand. He gets on my nerves, always acting like he's my damn dad.

"Quit acting a damn fool girl, what crawled up your ass today?"

I turned to my mom, I can be a mean person unintentionally they know that already. This is nothing new..

"He knows I don't like him right now, he needs to mind his own business and not mine"

"What did he do? How was he minding your business?"

"He's always trying to tell me what to do, then when I stick up for myself he tries to throw what he's done for me in my face. As if I'm not going through enough this ass-"

I sighed and rolled my eyes the moment my mom popped me in the mouth for cursing. I know she heard Ashton say fuck when I first walked up on the porch.

"Oh my gosh just freaking forget it"

"You're acting like a real bitch today"

"Go to hell"

"Seems like you already beat me there. How is it? Miserable like your attutude?"

I looked at him for a few seconds and debated if I should act on the thought that crossed my mind. But instead I tried to take the high road and walk away..

"Don't walk away, be the woman you claim to be and talk to me like the adult you wanna be so bad"

"Just leave me alone.. I'm seconds away from putting my hands on you"