13. Okay, I'll Admit It.

Afia

I looked down at the box in my hand and shook it lightly, ups just bought a box to my house for me of course. However I didn't order anything so I'm kind of reluctant to open it. Should I give it back or just take the damn risk and find out what's inside?

I sat the box on the coffee table and went into the drawer and grabbed some scissors. I cut the tape off the sides and pulled the box open and what was inside confused me. There was a beautiful gold Michael Kors bag and an iPhone six. I know that I wanted this phone.. but I haven't made the switch. One because I'm a college student on a budget and I don't have money to just go get a new iPhone.

I sat the phone box to the side and admired the bag, it's so freaking cute. I have to go shopping and find something to match it because it's too cute. I'm damn sure not giving it back so I hope this isn't a misunderstanding. I'll play like I don't know a thing, what package? Oh wait my dumb ass signed for it.. fuck it.

I just so happened to open it up and there was a card inside, I picked it up and it had Elijah's hand writing.

I know you've been wanting that iPhone for months so I went and picked it up for you. Knowing you, you're probably more interested in the bag though. I figured I'd thank you for always being my beautiful, supportive friend. I really appreciate everything you've done for me this week. So this is the least I could have done, I hope you enjoy your gifts. -Your best friend in the whole entire world, Elijah.

I held the note close my heart and smiled, he's the sweetest person. He honestly didn't have to give this me. I would give it back but I know for sure he's gonna tell me I deserve it. There's something about the guys in my life, the real men of course. They randomly give me amazing gifts and say it's nothing. To me it's something because they shouldn't spend their money on me. But for some reason this gift is kind of special to me..

I sat the bag down and opened the box that held the phone with an excited grin on my face. I love my best friend so much, I think he's just tired of me always wanting his phone though. He had that damn phone the day after it came out and I was jealous of course. But that's all besides the point, I'm thankful even though this is a bit random.

I leaned back hearing the doorbell, I stood up and made my way back to the door. When I opened it I was surprised to see Essence and baby, Hayden.

"Hayden! Come here baby"

He ran up to me and grabbed my legs, I picked him up and kissed his chubby cheeks.

"Hey Fi, what are you doing today?"

"Nothing, I might clean up and wash clothes"

"No.. you should come out with me and Hayden"

She shut the door and followed me into the living room. I actually planned to stay home today and do nothing. But I need to clean so that's what I convinced myself I'd do. However the idea of leaving the house sounds pretty tempting right now.

"This is a bad ass bag, who bought this Trai? He wants some puss-"

She covered her mouth when she remember her son was sitting in the same room as us.

"Damn, you know what I mean"

"Unfortunately I do.. but no, Eli bought it.."

"Aww that's so sweet. I might need him to talk to Anthony, his cheap ass. I asked him for red bottoms, he went to target and bought me shoes with pink bottoms. He swore up and down it was just as good only cheaper.."

"He's very cheap.. when he wants to be. I remember when I asked him for Pandora bracelet and he went and got me a cheap bracelet from off the clearance rack, in target"