4

" How do you feel?" Milo asked urgently as he grasped Mia's hand

Slowly Mia looked away from the doctor as he furiously scribbled against his clipboard. She still didn't look like her usual self, but she was awake. Everyone stayed in a stunned hush, wanting to bombard her with questions. She woke up suddenly, pulling the hose out of her mouth and pulling herself upward. But I just, I wanted to hold her but how she was in her current fragile state, I would crush her.

"I feel fine, I'm just really tired" she smiled weakly glancing at me. Her hands shook weakly as she brought the cup of cold water to her lips. My heart raced as I zeroed in on the moisture on her soft lips before staring back at her incredible green gold eyes. She looked exhausted, fragile but still unbelievably beautiful.

It didn't feel real.

" Why are you looking at me like that?" A dry chuckle came from her as she smiled again.

" Like what?" I countered but it came out raspy and dull like I hadn't said a word for days.

" Like I came back from the dead" she stated obviously.

Chuckling softly I looked towards the ceiling, blinking away the tears at the corners of my eyes. " That's what it feels like"

Murmurs of agreement echoed throughout the room and I couldn't help but feel bad as her face riddled with confusion and her pouty lips formed a frown.

" How long has it been?" She asked softly

The doctor slowly peered at each of us from over his glasses as if asking if we were going to tell her or if we were giving him permission to do so.

" Two months" Marco sighed tiredly leaning forward with his elbows on his knees.

" What?"

" You were injured very badly Miss Langley especially with your skull fracture. You were placed in a coma to speed up your recovery. You just needed to wake up" the doctor confirmed with a satisfied nod. " We'll need to keep you for a another week to run some tests and if everything looks good you'll be discharged"

Mia nodded slowly, clearly still not fully grasping what was being said. Immediately Amber hurried over and gently sat on the edge of Mia's bed, pulling her into a tight hug. Mia's smile returned as she hugged Amber back. As the doctor squeeze through the crowded room Marco followed behind. Milo suddenly released Mia's hand and stood to his feet. With a pointed look he nudged my side and nodded after Marco. I didn't want to leave her but as I looked between Milo and the crowded room it was going to be awhile before I even got a chance to touch her.

Stepping into the hallway I headed to where Marco and Milo were talking in a low tone with the doctor.

"Is she really doing better? What about her pain?" Milo asked worriedly.