66

Mia began to pull away from me. " But dadd-"

Tobias looked at me and nodded towards Mia. " Kaleb?"

" Got it" pulling Mia back towards me I bent down wrapped my arms around her thighs.

" What? Kaleb, no!"

Pulling Mia over my shoulder, she kicked wildly. " Calm down babe, this is going to get ugly. Trust me your dad can handle it"

Heading towards the stairs a loud slam suddenly sounded followed by a devastating scattering of glass. Pausing on the steps I felt my eyes widened as astonishment, I never looked at another man in awe before but Tobias Langley was impressive to say the least. Fast, agile and the loud thump of his fists colliding with Vito's face and torso sent a chill to my spine. Surely bones were being fractured. Tony and Nick kept Cassidy and Vinny back as Vito unleashed a string of insults as he tried to shield himself from Tobias's assault. It was practically too late, as Vito laid in an excruciating position on top of the twisted metal frame of the round living room table. It took Tobias less than 15 seconds to knock Vito off of his feet. 20 seconds before chaos erupted and I understood why Tobias wanted Mia out of the room. The tattoo on the back of his neck was self explanatory.

Beast.

Large shards of glass had torn through Vito's clothes and were buried deep in his exposed flesh. Tobias didn't say a word, as he tore into Vito like a complete stranger. With a loud roar Vito was back on his feet and grabbed ahold of Tobias slamming him into the wall near the fireplace and punching him hard across his face. Just as Tobias let out a grunt he shoved his palms into Vito's chest. Gasping loudly Vito stepped back grasping at his chest then slowly sank down his knees.

" Kaleb?" Mia's voice was soft and full of worry as if she was really concerned about Vito's life.

Grabbing ahold of the fire poker from it's holder Tobias held it at Vito's neck as he continued to gasp desperately for air.

" Tobias!"

Immediately I recognized the voice and I looked back towards the door as my dad hurried through.

" You're not going to kill a man in front of his son's are you?"

Tobias didn't move, he didn't give any indication that he even heard dad speak.

" Tobias?"

With the dark blood trickling over his lips and off of his chin his crazed eyes looked up.

" No.. I'm not"

He looked back at Vito.

"

" But if I so much as I hear you mutter another thing about my daughter, my only fuckin daughter. I will fuckin kill you and send a piece of your flesh to each of your son's for them to remember you by"