31

Two weeks later

.
Two weeks later

Eleven days left

Sighing contently I stare ahead at the ring on the ring finger of my left hand as Kaleb intwines his fingers with mine.

"How long do you want to wait before we tell everyone? " He hummed softly gently trailing his fingertips over my hip.

The thought alone caused my stomach to clench, it had nothing to do with Kaleb or even Leon. It was literally everything else my brothers would be happy for me but I had no idea what would happen when it came to the Bravata's. And I knew Nick well enough that he would be livid, drama came with telling everyone. But it had been a two weeks and no one knew.

" I don't know" my voice came out so softly it could barely be considered as a whisper.

" Mia" 

Kaleb pushed me onto my back and leaned over me as he leaned against his elbow. His handsome face was riddled with a mixture of confusion and sadness.

" Do you love me?"

" Of course I do"

" Do you really want to marry me? It's okay if you don't I know it's random as hell" he chuckled softly offering a small reassuring smile.

"Kaleb" I huffed pulling myself upward then dropping my gaze into my lap. " I want to marry you, I've never been safer or happier with anyone other than you. It's just.. everything else" I gestured around the room. Closing my eyes I inhaled deeply to calm my nerves.

" I'm scared Kaleb"

" Why? You know I would do whatever it takes-"

" It's not about me Kaleb!" I blurted staring back at him with my eyes burning with tears.  " I know you can protect me, that's not a question.. I'm scared for you "

With a frown he sighed pulling away from my gaze letting his dark hair in front of his face.

" Telling everyone literally means telling everyone" my voice shook as I spoke. " Levi didn't stop when my mom married my dad, and he didn't stop when she was pregnant. If my dad didn't go after Levi first, Levi would have came for him. What's going to stop them from coming for you?"

" Mia-"

"
"I don't want you to die Kaleb, especially because of me"

" So what are you saying? You want me to just let them take you?" He asked coldly finally meeting my eyes.

" No, just let everything go back to being somewhat normal then we can tell everyone and then we'll set a date.. "