64

Only a few more days longer than a week passed before I finally started to feel human again and fortunately for it was the same day Michael was off work and chose to spend the day with me

    Only a few more days longer than a week passed before I finally started to feel human again and fortunately for it was the same day Michael was off work and chose to spend the day with me. After gorging on birria tacos Michael laid limp in a food coma.. on the couch. Before I could taunt him thoroughly the doorbell rang halting my assault. Walking away from Michael I headed to the door. Unlocking all of the locks, I swiftly pull the door and stare back into an unfamiliar face. The guy is young with bad acne and a delivery bag slung over his shoulder.

" Can I help you?" I ask cautiously

His bright eyes dart nervously as a trail of sweat makes it way down the side of his face.

" I have a delivery for Mia Langley"

My furrow together as I glance back at Michael wearing a similar expression.

"I didn't order anything"

Shaking his head stubbornly the guy flips open his bag and retrieves a luxurious looking box with a glossy cream finish with black cursive lettering.

" Sorry I just deliver, and this is the right address" he held the box out to me.

Slowly I took and he hastily stepped off the porch. " Enjoy"

Hesitantly I watched as the guy climbed back into his sedan and as he backed out of the driveway I flipped open the box. It was four individual small delectable  tiered yellow cakes. The white frosting shimmered underneath thinly cut strawberries and powdered sugar. The sight alone made my stomach growl and I stepped back inside.

" What is it?" Michael asked peering over the back of the couch.

" Cakes"

I handed the box off to Michael.

"Fancy, who do you think"-

He paused at the sound of my phone ringing and my stomach clenched so tightly I could feel the walls of my stomach touching. Slowly I pulled out my phone and frowned at the unknown number. I knew who it was.

" I'm going to take this in my room" my voice came out a whisper but Michael nodded understandingly regardless. Turning on my heel I answered the phone, putting it to my ear as I headed to the staircase.

" Hello"

"Hey"

My hands tingled at the sound of his deep melodic voice and instinctively his handsome face appeared at the back of my mind. My heart hammered in a frenzy inside of my chest as my steps became heavier as I took each step.

" Kaleb" my voice squeaked

He chuckled softly. " Did you get my gift?"

" I did"

"How is it? Do you like it?"

" I haven't had a chance yet"

" You will.. anyway I wanted to ask you something"