You're Not Touching Her

Birds chirped as electro charged blossoms of the sakura tree still in bloom oddly enough fell like a gentle rain at the Narukami Shrine. The autumn breeze gentle and crisp as it carried the maple leaves in a quiet dance. Inside the shrine tucked safely under a quilt on a futon was a petite blonde skin pale and drenched in sweat and mild fever that was just starting to break. by her side sat the dark haired yaksha as he fended off the exhaustion from the last week. Since the incident he had not left her side, tending to her in a constant vigil. "The miasma's poison is gone so why won't you wake?"he thought in worry his golden eyes watching her in sadness. If only he had been faster he could have reach her before the poison had effected her.

"Hmnhn..."Lumine began to stir a little catching his attention just as Yae entered with Paimon at her side.

"Lumine?"

"Oh looks like she's finally starting to wake up."Paimon noted as Yae went over to crouch over the blonde.

Slowly Lumine opened her eyes with a weak, drawn out moan wincing from the light she blinked a few times to clear her sight before she was greeted to the smiling face of the kitsune priestess and the overjoyed and relieved face of her beloved adeptus. "Look who finally decided to wake up."Yae greeted.

"Wh...where...?"Lumine whimpered in a daze. This brought about some concern amongst the three for their blonde companion's condition. The miasma had made it difficult to breath and the fever afterwards had been high even with Yae's medicine and the herbs Xiao had gathered for said medicine.

"Lumine-chan I want you to repeat after me. Three, two, one, one, two, three...Come on now, Traveler."Yae instructed holding up her fingers for each number.

"Come on Lumine just do as she says."Xiao urged.

Xiao though was surprised but relieved to say the least when Lumine with a weak smile reached up for him. "Xiao you look exhausted....and why is Miko Yae here?"came her hoarse reply. To Lumine's surprise Xiao seemed to be on the verge of tears as he took her hand and held it to his cheek. Not caring that Yae was present as Lumine slowly heeved herself into a sitting potision he pulled her into his protective embrace.

"Don't ever do something that reckless again."he stated firmly.

"I'm sorry...I let my temper get the better of me."she whispered.

"Well that's good news. Looks like no damage was done to your brain if you recognized us right away, very good news."hummed Yae in delight. "But we can converse later you don't look up for it."

Lumine had no complaints there as she bent over her knees. She felt right down horrible and her skull wouldn't stop beating like a drum. She was still out of it and her pale complexion reflected this current condition as she let out a small whimper. "My head and my chest are killing me..."she thought. Xiao seemed to sense this and with a firm but gentle touch got her to lie back down before pulling the quit back over her.

"Rest. I will not be far."he urged softly.

"M'kay..."she mumbled and was soon out like a light, her energy spent.

"Will she really be alright? Paimon's not convinced."wondered the fairy in worry.

"This is normal after a miasma poisoning. It'll be another day or two before she is back to herself so just let her rest, you are my guests after all dears."Yae reassured before going to the next room over.

Xiao content that she would be fine decided he would go see about finding more of herbs Yae was using for Lumine. So adjusting the quilt back over her shoulders and a soft kiss to her forehead he took his leave. He hadn't been gone for five minutes until a chill of dread rippled up his spine forcing him to arrive in a dark mist on the shrine's tori gate. Who he saw made instincts scream as he with a cry plunnged down triggering anemo spears to block the tengu and the shogunate's soldiers from entering the shrine. Their cries of surprise and pain as Xiao blocked their path.

"Worthless fools."he spat. "You're not taking another step towards these doors."

"The adeptus envoy. If you're here then the intel I recieved is correct then."Sara mused. "Step aside adeptus."

Xiao growled as he bolted right at Sara to send her flying before he landed on the star railing with jade spear in hand. "You're not touching her, insignificant mortal. You won't even get past me."

"You damn adeptus!"growled one of the soldiers as he charged.

Xiao easily sent him flying without not so much a scratch. "How boring."he thought with a huff. Lumine put far more of a fight in their training sessions then these mortal did. He was surprised though when Yae came out sliding the door closed keeping Lumine out of sight of the shogunate's soldiers and Sara.

"Now what is all this noise so late in the evening?"Yae demanded before she noticed the situation. A sly fox grin graced her face as she looked to Sara. "I see. So a lil' tengu crow has wandered onto my shrine."

"Lady Yae what are you doing harboring a criminal here?"hissed Sara only making Xiao grow further agitated and his body language more aggressive.

"Uh-uh-uh~! You seem to be forgetting something, this is the Grand Narukami Shrine. It is most unwise on your part to approach the intended of an adeptus. Especially when that adeptus is happened to be the Conquer of Demons himself, dear Kojou Sara."scolded Yae. "Use of force is strictly forbidden here. Which of you would like to face criminal charges for dishonoring the Shogun before you proceed further?"

"Wait i-intended? But that's..."Sara began but Yae cut her off with a disapproving wave of her finger and a tsk.

"You were about to say not possible? Oh but it is. That young woman you're so rudely after is this young adeptus's lover"Yae grinned her words making everyone turn bright red, but somehow Xiao remained calm at the miko's words. "In Liyue it isn't unheard of just like it isn't for the yokai of Inazuma to fall for an exceptional human."

"I'll say this again so you can comprehend. You. Aren't. Touching her!!"Xiao spat.

A sudden slide of the door to reveal Lumine clutching the door frame and her blanket to her body in the other caught their attentions. She looked haggard due to her throbbing migraine she was visbily in pain and exhausted. Spotting her Xiao had hastened to her side and steadied her.

"Lumine you shouldn't be out of bed yet."he fussed.

"I heard a commotion, what's going on?"Lumine then stole a glance at Sara. "Why is Sara here?"

"Nothing to worry about, just an annoyance."Xiao reassured glaring over his shoulder at Sara.

"Now you've had your fun with my friends Sara and you've even gone and woke her up, how rude. To tell your suboridinates to leave we have matters to discuss."Yae then turned her attention Xiao, Lumine, and PAimon. "Xiao take her back inside won't you?"

Xiao nodded and carefully scooped Lumine up causing her to squeak in protest as he carried her back inside blanket and all. Since she seemed to refuse right now to stay in bed to recover he decided against leaving her side as he laid her back down. Lumine being stubborn had his sleeve in a death grip both to his amusement and his annoyance. "Lumine you need to let go and rest."he stated firmly trying to release her grip on his sleeve.

"Only if you do too. You haven't been sleeping again, Xiao."she pouted.

"Alright but only because it is you asking."he conceded and got under the covers to snuggle up to her. He was rewarded with a delight and happy hum as she she nuzzled up to his chest. Blonde hair soft as his wings tickled his nose as he wrapped his arms around her. He didn't realize just how exhausted he was both in body and mind these last few days. The change into his true self and a partial change for the first time in a very long time had been too much. So before her eyes as she felt a rumbling purr he fell asleep without realizing. Lumine grinned as she glanced before again nuzzling into his chest with a soft yawn. Slumber claiming her as she lay her safe and warm in the strong arms of her beloved yaksha. In the morning Yae went on to fill them in on her plan and once she was better was swift to put Xiao and Lumine through her own personal training boot camp.