Forbidden Knowledge

Within the darkness of a confined room cast in heavy shadow a pair of eyes gleamed. From what little that could be made out the being was female. Her eyes gleamed gold in the darkness, time seemed to go haywire briefly around her. A hand going to pull out a old locket that seemed to be Khaenrian in design. Six brilliant wings of gold casting wisps of starlight as she sang softly, angelically...

Hikari e te o nobasu
Kegare naki gin no tsurugi
Madoromi omoi o tachikirite

"Still singing like the caged bird that you are I see."came mocking tone. The being in question also cast in shadow. The woman snarled giving a look that could kill as time froze around them reacting to her fury. "I can't fathom how it was you escaped Barbatos the first time for over seventeen years."

"You! What choice did you give me!? You always feared what I could do....All of you old fools have!"snarled the woman. The sound of her shackles as the very elements around her began to go haywire, making the being back away nervously from the cell's bars. "But I know the truth. Time is mine to weave, to see. But it is my little ones I so tenderly raised that holds sway over fate. You fear them."smirked the woman.

"F-Fear them!? What foolish talk you speak of! They are insignificant insects. They are in Teyvet as we speak and I will make you, force you to watch as I again take everything from you."dismissed the man before vanishing. The woman's very rage making her scream, causing time to distort and become frenzied for a time. Tears of fear and rage in her eyes glowing gold with her intense emotions. She had worked so hard to protect her little ones, going so far as to having them in another world to keep them far, far away from the gods of Celestia's reach. However she stopped, time returning to normal sensing something, making her smile.

"So my little Lumen is in the netherworld...how interesting."she whispered cracking open her locket revealing two blonde golden eyed twins. They were so small and young in the photo. A motherly fondness and sadness. "Please be safe Lumen...your brother has fallen to the void, do not let that happen to you."she thought clutching the locket close to her chest. Golden eyes looking out her cell window, her eyes beginning to glow as she stared into the time stream. "Question is will he be the one to reach me or will you my daughter...?"

"Ema we're back!"

"Ema we're back!"

The shade looked over from the table to see the smiling faces of Paimon and Lumine. Xiao all this time subtly having watched Paimon more closely. Restraining himself as Enjou's warning ran in his skull. All five books clutched protectively in Lumine's arms with such tender care. The revelations on Kokomi's fate still fresh in the couple's minds. The shade, Ema eagerly turned to greet them.

"Ah, it's you lot! I mean....I-I wasn't expecting anything....or anything..."Ema huffed.

It was rather amusing that this librarian's shade reminded Lumine a lot of a few people she knew. In particular her husband beside her. So prickly but in reality that was a means to protect themselves from heartache. To the point the girls were giggling as Paimon glanced at Xiao as the fairy pictured some odd image in her wild imagination. It was a bit bothersome to him but seeing Lumine was happy was enough for him.